2 more anchors on the ledge

lofty

Back safe is the best news in that report.... well done on salvaging the day though...

I was out at Old H ..... I was looking out for you there cos that was where I thought you said you were going !!! Doh Getting old . ... memory going ...going ...gon

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Change of plan. Bad move really. Thought it would be a good day to try the end of the ledge in a yak. getting there was easy , getting off was hard work. It took me 20 minutes of digging in to get to deeper water. I'd guessed 3 knots but some chap reckons only .7 knot. I'd like to know what it was running at across there for future trips elsewhere? I reckon if I'd have gone in I'd have been away from the boat in 3 seconds easily( (5 metres). I never heard you Alan, but I could hear most of the other broadcasts. My arial is 5 inches long and strapped to my chest. I know it's line of sight so who knows. Portland acknowledged my radio check too .

If any one knows tide speeds across there let me know

Friday with no wind was touching 2 knots. Of course if you go over a shallow it speeds up as the water is quashed so it depends!!!

Plus tides were getting smaller each day from friday.

Rob

Steve

I am sure that you know but just in case

As the water depth changes over underwater ledges the velocity of the tide increases

On the ledge in places the depth can reduce to half in a short distance, the tide speed would therfore double.

It is why overfalls get thrown up [and why the fish like it because of all the food on offer]

glad that you got back safe, with a very nice Sole

Charlie