Can someone pick up an anchor and chain

Newboy

for me for Sunday please?

I'd lost my anchor and chain on Tuesday. Somehow the D shackle broke and all I got back was the rope down to the eyelet.

If anyone can pick up a 5kg galvanised bruce/claw and about 20' of chain for Sunday please let me know and I'll sort the cost on on sunday morning.

Thanks in advance.

Kam

You will need to get an anchor and Chain back ASAP.

If you talk to Pete Trew at west Quay chandlers on 0870 345 0628.

he can usually get that sort of gear very quickly at a good price.

If you can get it from him before Sunday ask him to let me know at the Yacht Club and I will bring it on Sonday.

Pete is one of the sponsors of our competition, you never know you may be able to win his voucher to help with the cost. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Keep me informed if you want me to collect it for U

Charlie 738824

Kam,

If you can't get one from West Quay, I can pop into Pumpkin Marine on Hayling Island over lunch and get one for you if you like. Their prices are ususlly pretty reasonable. ( Hopefully they will have one in ).

Let me know. I will PM you my work number.

Paul, I'll give West Quay a ring in the morning, since they are one of the sponsors. If they haven't any in stock, I'll give you a ring before lunch.

Duncan, if I get no joys with either, can I borrow the 7.5 from you, please?

Cheers everyone.

Kam it may be more economical to borrow Duncans anchor etc and then buy the anchor and chain off ebay. The prices on there are much lower than the average chandler. If you go that route I can pick up the anchor off Duncan (assuming that's ok with him) and have it in the boot for Sunday morning............

Mad Mike

Nope 'cos I'll be getting the boat ready and sign in isn't till 0730h......oh and Kam said he wasn't going to even be at Cobbs 'till 0730h so I am getting confused!

We have a similar probloem to you re timing and had planned to send a man to baiter by car for 0730h sign in and then pick him back up from Poole Quay or wherever we can get boat and man together! He would leave the anchor and rod for Kam at 0730 Baiter.

However if you can see a better way let me know!

really daft thing is the boats are only a mile apart if that.

Logistics coming back in are going to be no better and with tides etc we are probably going to have to be back in and tied up by 1500h - or land back at the Quay and run round with our pouting to be weighed in and hang around until 1830h when I can get back on the mooring (thus missing beers etc.......... mad.gif ) I am thus anxious to get out asap and be in a position to fish from 0830h

Now if boats could only sign in a bit earlier then we could swap everything over bobbing off Baiter at 0730h ish to be waved away by the committee!

Never thought I would wish I was using a trail boat!

Alternatively I can hand everything over Saturday night if you can take it in the Poole area Mike/Kam

No clogging it through Holes bay please, this is designated a quite area and the max speed is six knots or face the wrath of phc and a possible hefty fine! We dont want the clubs name slurred, well not until the presentation after a sherbert or three laugh.gif

If it makes it easier the anchor etc can be dumped at mine on sat and I will deliver to baiter at 6.30am. If you want this to happen phone me the number is on your list.

Signing in is from 7.30 for all sorry lads. No fishing before 8.30am

Duncan why not have a man with waders on at baiter to wade out to the boat? might save some time and breath rolleyes.gif

Trailer boats will have a problem when returning to the slip for the weigh in with low water on the slip being around 1700

I meant get a move on in general Martin and cloging it at 6kts of course, just like the rest of the cowboys at Cobbs. ph34r.gif

As I have promised to meet Paul D at baiter with some ragworm at 07:00 I need to come down there then anyway but to save a bit of time is it possible at all to sign Kam and I in at 7 so I can get back to Cobbs?

Mad Mike

OUOTE>>>>>>>>>

Alternatively I can hand everything over Saturday night if you can take it in the Poole area Mike/Kam

Duncan I have to come up to Broadstone to collect some bait at 17:30 Saturday, or I can meet you where ever most any time on Saturday. Just let me know where and whenthat'll be best I thing. One ledd thing to worry about on Sunday smile.gif

Mad Mike

Phone.....01202 570555

will call you Mike - I am sure that one way or another Kam will have an anchor as I won't leave without making sure he has! Martin's approch will help us both I think and remove teh temptation to go hammering around too which I agree would be very bad for the club. Last thing we want is to lose the concession in the main channel too!

You have my number from the membership list Mike.

Duncan