Mistress maiden voyage :-/

Graham Nash

I have already put the batteries up front to remove weight from the rear, maybe I should keep the spare anchor and other heavy stuff up that end too.

Is the battery in the cabin? I wondered why that recent disaster boat didn't send a distress , I wonder if the batteries got flooded out and killed the electrics.

Love the hot air balloon idea though

Steve, I think boats often have their batteries below the floor but only just under it and certainly not in the bottom of the bilge.

I know that as club boats we tend to go offshore in at least pairs to ensure safety of crew and craft. But of course, for commercials this is not an option (except pair trawlers mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif ).

For the cost of an EPIRB, I am suprised that more craft who head out solo dont have them. I woudl be interested in the take up rate for EPIRBS, but they sound excellent value for money.

I have been considering a personal one for when I go solo, for

Graham most carry a handheld VHF as a back up, glad i had one when RNLI towed me back as we had to sit at the back of the boat and I used it then.

It's one of my concerns or peace of mind,hence I've now got two main sets and hand held the same as I had on Wishin

Nige

Hi Graham

Me also, as although I spoke to some people during the day, later on I could not get Dave.

Nigel's idea of a hand held, is what many of us use as a backup, and a way of chatting when fishing on the drift away from the main set.

Charlie