Fishing and we wonder why

cth

Black fish scam, large fines, etc...here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-nort...etland-17153085

I'm appalled that the level of fines does not match the value of the fish landed illegally, and there's no references to boat confiscation, or removal of rights to trade in the case of the shore-based operators.

I'd love to know if the Angling Trust can claim any involvement to date, or if they are able to involve HMRC to reclaim "lost" taxes and finally drive these characters out of the fish business?

Mike

Edited by Mike Fox

Mike,

think you wil find that the individuals 'got out' shortly afterwards (2005) and the firms involved were 'washed' at the time too.

I agree with your implication that this was a cold calculated commercial venture - sadly, here in the UK, this is encouraged by a system that permits crime to pay (and this applies to a huge range of crimes!)

Plus read reports that over half the boats in scotland involved. These guys should be barred from fishing the boats scrapped and fish catches be weighed all catches weighed by a regulator any infringements should lead to the whole catch being forfiet

Edited by Matt