Friday 13th

Fail'o

Hi All, only my third post on here and must get round to rejoining the club.

Decided a trip out was in order as not been out since june. bit of a nightmare to start with, went to pick me mate up and realised had no brakes on car !!. quick walk to garage, got some fluid and topped up reservoir. few pumps on pedal and all ok. anyway swindon to mudeford seems to be getting further away each trip ,took 2 hours to get there.

put the boat in and had outboard problems , didnt like full throttle at all to begin with after warming up for twenty mins seemed ok so off we went.

dropped the anchor at eastern end of the ledge and had bites from the off, loads of doggies, about 30 + in total. few small huss but only 1 small whiting and massive pout !! biggest ive ever seen reaching nearly 3 pound easily on baited feathers and whole squid bottom baits, must of had about 40 between us.

Had great day out in the end.so good to get out again.

With regards to your engine problems, I have experienced the same. I don't live a million miles away from you (18 to be precise) and have found that adding the wind chill factor to a cold day, 1) the cooling system freezes up and no water gets through to the tell tale and 2) occassionally the cables freeze which means full throttle does not work until things warm up. Now on cold days I wrap the engine in a blanket for the trip down and give the cables a good 'jiggling' to free them and make sure the rods at the engine end are free before starting.

Hope this helps. Good day out though.

Terry.

Edited by plaicemat

Ref poor running, depends what engine you have, 2 or 4-stroke.

If 2-stoke, if not been used for a while the old fuel evaporates in the carbs and you are left with oily sludge.

4-stroke & 2-stroke, old fuel can cause problems, if over 3 months old it looses a lot of its efficency in burning. mix the old with some new fuel but always start it on new fuel.

A good service new goes amis for winter running as this is the time when things are likely to breakdown due to extremes in temprature and conditions.

Hope the journey home was better.

Dave

cool.gif