Suzuki dt50 gearbox

dave007

Hi to you all

I have just replaced the impeller on the dt50 which all went well until I tried to reconnect the gear linkage.

i removed the gearbox again to check the alingment of the gear selector shaft, here comes the problem , I turn the shaft to centralise it, now I have no gears ,

I have spoken with an outboard dealer Orca Marine and he says I will have to have it stripped down.

Does any one have any experience of this sort of thing as like most peaple these days large amounts of free spare cash is not as ready as it used to be.

Any help most welcome

Thanks

Dave

Surprised we dont have any mechanical experts in the club , however thought I would close this by letting you now that I have managed to strip down the gear box with the aid of a puller and a blow lamp, once I was able to get the case warm the bearing housing slowly started to come out, once out all I had to do was to give it all a good clean and re engage the gear shift.

Total

I am aware of the need for shims \ backlash checks to ensure realignment is 100% and if not all sorts of issues can \ could occur.

Perhaps there is someone with a little more knowlegde than that!!!

I attach some images below - referencing a Yam but I expect principles are similar.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Higher res versions are in my gallery.

HTH

Rob

I have the same issues no gear change I have found that the rod that runs up to the leaver under the power head has a plastic connection that has snapt so it looks like I will have to take the carbs off to fix it I will never buy a suzuki again

the local dealer are useless

mark