THE COD ARE HERE!!!!!

Adam F

Bring it on, thats the earliest I have heard them caught around here.

The earliest I have caught a cod out of Poole was the second week in October.

Martin

Being a sissy and not liking the cold the ONLY cod I have ever caught (30 years ago) was in the middle of a hot summer fishing just off Peverill (Swanage). Carol has promised me some Damart long johns (She knows how to impress a guy) so perhaps this year I will catch my first 'winter' cod.

Mad Mike

Do not take it to heart Mike, wink.gif

I have problems as well, to get a suit for my height I ought to be 10 stones heavier.

Does anyone know who stocks SAS 2 piece suits.

I would like to try one for size before I buy a replacement for my old X3. the XL does not seem to have long enough arms so I would like to try the XXL.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Eh up, Mike...are you finally going to retire those tatty old nylon stockings??? ohmy.gif

Shame on you. mad.gif

I would REALY like to catch a winter cod and some whiting so this year I must buy som proper winter gear. Trouble is when your short and fat it is difficult to get stuff that fits.

Mad Mike

Try motor bike shops, they have good thermo under garments, if they are good for bikers in winter doing 80+, they shouldn't have problems with fisherman.

As I have just Posted on another thread, the best Cod in the Fish Book for 2004 is 18lb.

So lets get out there with some of Martins Squid and see if there are any on our patch yet

The above size should be beaten a few times before Christmas, weather permitting of course.

Tight lines biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Charlie