Thank you Adam

Newboy

You're probably sick of me saying thank you, but thank you I have to say tongue.gif

To the rest of you, the day went like this.

1) I arrived at the wrong slip, not a good start.

2) Slipped the boat and out of Poole harbour by about 10:00, the bridge at high water is a little low, and only just managed to clear it blink.gif

3) Adam showed me how to retrieve the anchor using an anchor buoy.

4) I did a couple of retrieve and I think I have the hang of it now. laugh.gif

5) We did a little bit of fishing but didn't catch much, never the less it was fun.

6) The outboard drinks petrol like water at full(ish) throttle.

7) Came back at around 2:00 and I'm many more time more confident than I was in the morning.

Kam

Glad you had a good day and of course learn't a lot from Adam. That's what being a member is all about, helping each other through the steep learning curve tongue.gif

Pitty you didn't go to Cobbs though as I was there at 8.30ish, camera in hand to catch the moment.

If you have any photos post em up

Martin

Kam, it was no problem - I was glad to help, I know how hard it was for me when I first started and any help or advice is welcomed. You seemed to handle the boat very well towards the end of the day, a few more hours under your belt and youll have no problem!

A few piccies from this morning. Kam PM me your email address and Ill send them over to you.

post-6-1096399973.jpg

Compare to my old boat, she handles very well, at least I don't have to worry about waves from other boat/ships tongue.gif

Sweet Honey suffers a little from cross wind maybe due to her height and lighter weight. Could do with a little more sturdiness like Maverick in heavier sea, but them I wouldn't be able to get her up the slip with my car. wink.gif

Mike, you're on, just get better and I'm ready.

Kam kindly offers.........Mike, you're on, just get better and I'm ready.

Just think mate how my weight will help the boats displacement laugh.gif

Mad Mike

PS. ( I arrived at the wrong slip, not a good start.)

You turned right and went into Davis Boat Yard. You should have gone straight on up to the gate bar and pressed the button for entry.