saturday 11th dec

lofty

After working and crap weather I really need to get out again. My better half is Christmas shopping leaving me at a loose end for the first time in ages. The Tek is on the roof and weather permitting(dry and not too windy) I will be going for a paddle on Saturday.I am planning on a leisurely trip from Baitor over to Brownsea and then on to the back waters by Studland.

If any kayakers want to hook up just turn up at 10 for a 10 -30 start.

As I am a novice fisherman Im not sure if its worth fishing in the harbour at this time of year and all info is welcome(bait,kit,whats allowed etc).

If you are interested in coming along and or have a better idea give me an message and we could meet up . Lofty

Certainly worth fishing in the Harbour, a 3lb 8oz flounder was caught Monday evening at Evening Hill. Herring are being caught in the vicinity of Aunt Betty and there's always a chance of a Bass.

Other years cod have been caught at Evening Hill this time of year.

For flounders I use size 1 hooks baited with ragworm.

For Herring, jig with small feathers or something like Mini Hokkai's

Edited by Brian

Cod have been caught in previous years in the deep channel \ turning basin - not heard of any this year (yet).

Rob

I was talking to someone fishing the Wednesday Flounder League last night and he told me there was an 8LB Cod caught in the harbour on Saturday.

It could be a fishermans tale, but I have no reason to doubt him.

Just to fill you in. Had a perfect paddle day,the sun shone in the morning,the sea was calm and apart from my cold feet(had on 4mm neoprene socksnand wellies???any ideas) it was great to snatch the opportunity in this current cold snap to get out. No fish bit but thats probably down to my bad technique. Need some kayak fishing mentors.