Etec issues

Paul J

Well, i've had 700+ hours of carefree fun with my etec 60, it still starts first time everytime.

I did have a slight scare the other day as i was returning up the harbour, the motor started surging as if it had a fuel starvation issue.

I had to keep putting extra power on to keep it from stalling and much to my relief made it home ok. blink.gif

Fuel filters at the tank and the engine checked out ok so i was a tad worried and contacted Paul at South Coast outboards.

I was lucky to catch him the day before he went on holiday and he kindly came over and hooked up the laptop.

No error codes found which was a mixed blessing, it wasn't serious but what the hell was causing it?. dry.gif

We eventually found it was the fuel hose connector, the seal had failed so it was sucking air.

A quick fix and it's running sweet once again.

Just wanted to pass this on as this was a new one for me and not something i would have normally thought to check.

PJ

Nice easy fix!!!

I wasn't sure if it was the tank part or not.

I have tried a 3rd party Yamaha one in the past, due to leak - a definate no no (worse leak) - must go original every time!

Coudl you use that as an excuse for speeding???

laugh.giflaugh.gif