Live-bait tank...

domino

Spot on! Very good Alan! Like the site also - has the beginings of a cracking page.

Also - very impressed with the live well set-up! - As you know, havent had a chance to try mine proper yet - hope to soon. Like the washing up bowl idea - may get one meself!

Alan,

Like the pics of the live bait well. I have also made myself one but not quite as classy as yours smile.gif

I have used a container which held pet food and I am not sure how long it will last, but cost me nothing so who cares !!.

I haven't fitted a drain plug as it is quite easy to siphon out the water.

As the container isn't high enough to drain out without drilling holes through the transom, I have placed it on top of a plastic box ( added benefit of not such a weight of water needed ).

The outlet is about 1 -2 inches below the inlet and I used a drain connector which comes with a grid over it - so no escaping eels.

As I say, no where near as classy as yours but should work I hope.

DSC01354.JPG

Thanks for the comments guys... the website is just something I put together in couple of hours yesterday and this morning.

Now I've started I'll try and develop it into soemthing worth looking at!! rolleyes.gif

Adam - with regard to the washing-up bowl / bait tray... as I put in the write-up it was

Alan

Bait tank looks good - where did u find the bongo ? Why did you decide on the 60 litre size , were you tempted to go any smaller ?

Les

Les,

I bought the bongo (and one for Adam), from an outfit called Smiths, in Coleford, Gloucs. I was able to arrange a trip out that way in the works van!!! ph34r.gif

Mine was a re-cycled one (spotlessly clean tho') for

Alan what is the green thingy used as a mesh filter??

Adam,

It's a plastic tub that I the guy I work with gave me... It had some herbal remedy pills in , that he reckons are for his knees... looked like Bob Martins to me!!!

The large skin fitting fits nicely in the lid and is clamped between the fitting and the bongo... lots of 5mm holes drilled in the tub and it clips back into the lid... et voila - one strainer.

As for Scooby Doo... well that's another story!! huh.gif

Cheers,

Alan

Thanks Alan - good idea.

Where did you get the side mounting bracket for the pump from? Is it worth getting one - or would you fabricate something?

Will your pump therefore be perminantly attached to the boat? at the moment mine just dangles over the side!

Thanks Alan - good idea.

Where did you get the side mounting bracket for the pump from? Is it worth getting one - or would you fabricate something?

Will your pump therefore be perminantly attached to the boat? at the moment mine just dangles over the side!

Adam,

I got the side mounting bracket from my local chandlery,

Alan,

I cant find a side bracket anywhere!! Did you have to order it??

I was thinking of a smaller type bracket where the small base which is fairly flush stays on the transom (and is out of harms way as it only protrudes 1/4") and the main bracket stays on the pump clipping to the bracket when needed. Similar to the way my compass fits on....but havent found this type of clip yet!!

Alan,

I cant find a side bracket anywhere!! Did you have to order it??

I was thinking of a smaller type bracket where the small base which is fairly flush stays on the transom (and is out of harms way as it only protrudes 1/4") and the main bracket stays on the pump clipping to the bracket when needed. Similar to the way my compass fits on....but havent found this type of clip yet!!

No, I didnt have to order it... it was sitting on the shelf, next to the pumps.

HERE is the bracket with the Rule part no.

Rule also do exactly what you're looking for, SEE HERE... but I was unable to find one of these in this country.

Alan what is the green thingy used as a mesh filter??

Adam,

It's a plastic tub that I the guy I work with gave me... It had some herbal remedy pills in , that he reckons are for his knees... looked like Bob Martins to me!!!

The large skin fitting fits nicely in the lid and is clamped between the fitting and the bongo... lots of 5mm holes drilled in the tub and it clips back into the lid... et voila - one strainer.

As for Scooby Doo... well that's another story!! huh.gif

Cheers,

Alan

Adam... FYI...

Another suitable container for making the strainer has just been given to me by a friend...

Aquarian Tropical Fish Food (50g), although due to the profile of the lid it might be better to fit the skin fitting thro' the base of the tub and then re-fit the lid.

Cheers,

Alan