Poole Harbor Flounder Meet

Zzippy

I have arranged a Flounder meet for the Anglers Afloat crew.

This will be taking place at Rockly(Poole harbor) on the 5th of December.

Last year we had nearly 40 kayaks turn up.This year I think that will be beaten cool.gif

The plan is to launch at Rockley(Lake pier) and fish around Holton mere area until about lunchtime.Then for the ones that want to try out other kayaks a social meet will take place to meet old and new members.

Snapper(Mark) from Johnson Outdoors will be bringing a demo fleet of kayaks with him.Including the Torque kayak(Rigged with a motor) biggrin.gif and I think also Bournemouth Canoes will be there.

The demo kayaks are for anyone to try out and all people in the PBSBAC are welcome to come along and try some out.

All you need is a drysuit.There will be plenty of PFD's you can borrow.

I think the social meet will be around 12.30 -1pm ish.

I know a few members have shown an interest in kayaks,so heres your chance to try a few different models wink.gif

Edited by Zzippy

Would I be able to use a demo boat to fish from in the morning??

I will find out for you Bob.

Failing that I know a few people that have 2 kayaks.They might be willing to take one down for you to use wink.gif

I have looked at buying one since the demo, but cant see any at the sort of price the guy mentioned ...... Do you know of any of your Kayak guys looking to sell one maybe?

Would I be able to use a demo boat to fish from in the morning??

I will find out for you Bob.

Failing that I know a few people that have 2 kayaks.They might be willing to take one down for you to use wink.gif

I have looked at buying one since the demo, but cant see any at the sort of price the guy mentioned ...... Do you know of any of your Kayak guys looking to sell one maybe?

If you register on Anglers afloat we have a for sale section on there.Alot of kayaks are sold on the site.

Here is the link.Its free to register.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk/index.html

Now would be the best time to buy.They seem to go for alot more in the spring and summer.

Well this looks like it is going to be BIG.

It only started off as a basic meet like last year but has really grown.Now we have Bournemouth canoes attending along with the demo fleet from Johnsons outdoors.Ian (moonfleet) with his rigs and also his rod which is in the raffle in aid of Help for Heroes.

John and myself are discussing food for the day,BBQ and hot drinks(that needs to be finalized in the next day or so).All proceeds from the day going to Help for heroes

John is going to see if he can get some Help for Heroes banners.I have to get hold of the local echo and Heart FM radio.

I think this is going to be an excellent meet/Demo day with alot of new faces attending and old faces to share their knowledge

Looks like I wont be fishing on the day.Will be too busy with other stuff in the car park.But there will be plenty of local anglers/kayakers to show visitors to the area where the hot spots are

Many thanks for the help which people are offering.

Ian(Moonfleet)who makes rigs and has his own website has written the following.

"Hope I am in the right section and am allowed to mewntion this?

I have a Tubertini rod in a hard carry case that is being auctioned for the help for heroes charity.

Tubertini Dorado, 2.40m rated for 20/40g

The rod on it's own is a pretty tidy item, but this one has some interesting graphics on the case.

We basically wanted to get the case signed, but I was pretty determined to have it signed by people with a direct link to the military and more importantly people who have actually been and had some in a combat role (I did not want celebs)

First of it went to RNAS Yeovilton where their CO

Brigadier M J D Noble Royal Marines has signed it himself,

This guy has some serious credentials and is the first RM to be commanding officer of a naval air station.

On Monday I take it to Salisbbury to have the Parachute regiments display team sign it (obviously the best regiment in the world )

we will have Bryn Parry, the founder of H4H sign it also plus personell from the Navy and RAF (subject to writing skills)"

If any PBSBAC would like any raffle tickets just say and I will send details.They are

Edited by Zzippy

If any PBSBAC would like any raffle tickets just say and I will send details.

Im sure you could flog a few at the next club meeting if you bring them along

Cheers

PJ

Thanks alot Paul smile.gif

Here is how it is being done on Anglers Afloat.

here is what Ian (moonfleet) wrote.....

Tubertini Dorado, 2.40m rated for 20/40g

The rod on it's own is a pretty tidy item, but this one has some interesting graphics on the case.

We basically wanted to get the case signed, but I was pretty determined to have it signed by people with a direct link to the military and more importantly people who have actually been and had some in a combat role (I did not want celebs)

First of it went to RNAS Yeovilton where their CO

Brigadier M J D Noble Royal Marines has signed it himself,

This guy has some serious credentials and is the first RM to be commanding officer of a naval air station.

So this is what we do !!!!

Tickets are

Hi Mark,

I think you might be better off selling them on club night or on the day at rockley.

Not many people send letters these days - just a thought,

I am pleased to announce that following a committee meeting tonight, we will be making a small donation and will have a cheque for you at the December meeting

PJ

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to......

Zippy and Co for the organisation.... laugh.gif

Graham (Little Sal) for the entertainment and courage to have a go..... biggrin.gif

Paul J for getting it on camera ...and U tube so quickly!!

Neal for picking out the winning tickets......rod and a bottle of wine.....cant be bad.

Have to say it was well worth the effort to go .......such a nice bunch.

I didn't get down there until 11am and stayed to about 3.30pm.

The generosity displayed on the raffle prize table meant the raffle seemed to go on-and -on and on !! . rolleyes.gif

Weather deteriorated but the spirit didn't.

Dave biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Ps Posted this twice.....other post about Little Sal getting Kayak ohmy.gif

Excellent pictures there Paul.

I think everybody enjoyed themselves but mostly LittleSal.It was like a kid at christmas biggrin.gif

Many thanks to all the members of PBSBAC for the kind donation and to Martin (Maverick) for taking Simon out on his boat this morning to do a photo shoot.That was greatly appreciated.

The Raffle,mini comp and food raised

Wow..................

What a surpise to read that I have won such a fantastic prize!

The raffle was for such a worthwhile cause and I am glad that so many people supported it.

I now feel guilty that I was unable to attend the actual Kayak meet.

and I still think you are all a bunch of absolutely crazy nutters and welcome one and all to the club!

Neal

Wow..................

What a surpise to read that I have won such a fantastic prize!

The raffle was for such a worthwhile cause and I am glad that so many people supported it.

I now feel guilty that I was unable to attend the actual Kayak meet.

and I still think you are all a bunch of absolutely crazy nutters and welcome one and all to the club!

Neal

you won a unique item there, be proud of it. Not only are there some off the finest troops in the world on there (one of them is sadly dead now) the rod travelled in total 674 miles for the names, and spent 3 days on HMS Somerset in the Atlantic.

well done mate.