Cod mark

transportline205

Hi all, only me, i have'nt been on for a while cos ive had a dinkin cold and ive got a docked dup doze, and my head feels somewhat strange blink.gif Anyway im trying to rise above it and dink about fishing to cheer me up and of course chat to you splended chaps. A friend of mine tells me there is a good cod mark called the slates, is there any truth to this intell or is he talkin bunkum if so please share location.By the way i do not have a gps , yet ,soon, but not yet. Cheers ,Rob, im going to lay down for a minute sick.gif

Rob

The slate beds are a large area with a few features on it ie holes and the like.

You will struggle to accurately find any mark more than a couple of miles off shore without a gps/plotter.

I will happily give you a couple of marks there when you are kitted out, not a lot of point otherwise

Martin

Most Car Sat Navs will give you your position in WGS format 50.00.00 001....coordinate ect (maybe someone could compare the readout to ensure WGS84 is being used) so you could use one of those, and many modern Mobile phones have GPS receivers built in which could advise you of your position coordinates.

HTH

Rob

Edited by rob francis

Without giving too much away.............look at the first picture on the home page

of "Young Adam with a Bass"

The Cliffs in the Background and the near proximity of most of Poole's charter fleet that don't head off to the Isle of Wight - may give a better clue as to where the winter fish are targeted!

Neal

Edited by Neal

Most Car Sat Navs will give you your position in WGS format 50.00.00 001....coordinate ect (maybe someone could compare the readout to ensure WGS84 is being used) so you could use one of those, and many modern Mobile phones have GPS receivers built in which could advise you of your position coordinates.

HTH

Rob

I tried my car sat nav (on GPS mode) and had checked on Google maps beforehand. I could not get my car sat nav to coincide with what I was looking for.

I went out yesterday and bought myself a nice shiny new Garmin Chartplotter that I was intending on christening on Saturday but its looking like the weather has other ideas!

Nice one

My advice for what it is worth.

Get hold of a few numbers to put in for marks in the areas you will fish in.

Find a bit of time to put them in and learn how to use the set, at times like this weekend when the wind is up. then it will be easier to use on fishable days.

Resist the temptation to put dozens of marks in [that you will never use], as this just crowds the screen and waypoint lists.

Making it hard to find the waypoints that you do want to go to.

Gradually you will build up a usable list.

From numbers received,

places fished,

places you have gone over that look good or show fish.

and of course like the rest of us, places where you have passed and seen other boats fishing.

tight lines

Charlie biggrin.gif