boat insurance

Gnasher

Dan pleads...... But it wasnt me!!!!!!!!!

I have to sypathise Dan, having had my (then) 16 year old grandson who was on leave from the Army Training College do exactly the same to me.

Mad Mike

PS As for the insurance Paul D cottoned on to someone good but I cant remember who. Check back on some posts, It was in the last month

I have to sypathise Dan, having had my (then) 16 year old grandson who was on leave from the Army Training College do exactly the same to me.

...blame it on the innocent!!!! biggrin.giftongue.gif

A testosterone loaded super fit 17 year old combat trained lad who has just got leave after 2 months of male only company INNOCENT!!!

You Jest laugh.gif

Mad Mike

I got my insurance through www.boatinsure.co.uk ( Amlin Insurance Services ) which is actually underwritten by Amlin Underwriting Ltd.

( ie. It is as good as "direct from the underwriters" )

You can get a quote straight away and you can get immediate insurance - there is no paperwork as your certificate is held online - although you are advised to print it out ( good idea as I nearly forgot my certificate number ).

My letter came from Porthcawl the other day ( had been sent to the wrong address ) and they were proposing to insure me through Amlin which probably explains why the cost was the same smile.gif

For fully comp insurance and legal expenses cover (

It will depend on the actual top speed of the boat.

I think it is about 12/15 knots - one of the others will confirm this. Basically doesnt matter what your boat looks like, if it can go over 15 knots then it is classed as a speedboat.

Adam

Guest Guest_dan_Fisherman

Ta guys, il get it sorted. As regard to the top speed, it pushes along at nearly 60 knots which isnt good for the petrol, but never mind. I'll be dancing on the ledge any day again. Went last wk and loads of pollock and about 100 wrass!!!!!!! remind me to leave ragworm at home next time. Ill check it all out and get some insurance.

Well taht surprises me paul!...their are plenty of sppedboat type craft out their which dont reach 30 knots, yet are still speedboats!....clearly it is best to check with your insurer.

Dan: 60 knots!!!!,,,bloody hell!!...what boat do you have?!