Fish Bits and Guts urgently wanted!!!

TomBettle

Hi Guys

Anyone happen to have a few heads, frames and guts (etc) of any old fish lying around?

Off last minute sharking on Thursday off the back of the Island with a stunning sports fisher (Pursuit 315) from Salterns as part of a boat review they are doing with one of the mags.

Needs some rubby dubby on the cheap, urgently.

Cheers

Tom

That is a beast of a boat, is it with twin 250s?

We will have a slick off the back on Thurs too, fingers crossed one (or both!) of us gets lucky!

Edited by olimain

That is a beast of a boat, is it with twin 250s?

We will have a slick off the back on Thurs too, fingers crossed one (or both!) of us gets lucky!

Oli

Don't have the times yet, but we aim to be heading towards the back of the Needles area somewhere off St. Catherines (so Chris from Pursuit tells me).

That said....

We are going for a magazine review. Don't know what mag (suspect Sportsboat and Rib), but freelancer, Simon Everett is writing it. Think it will be on the boat first and the fishing second, if we catch anything.

I am guessing that you would be very very welcome to drift with us.... two slicks are better than one!

...I wasn't going to go at all, but a day on that boat with or without fish will be amazing.

Tom

Sounds excellent, I have pigs blood from the butcher, bran and pilchard oil to go with the fish. I've PM'd you my email and mobile number as I'll have limited internet access when I get down south tonight.

Exciting stuff!!

Today I have had word of one of those big fish with nasty wee teeth being spotted in the last few days!!! So, they must be about. Good luck Tom.

Also, I heard of a 4.5lb bream being caught on sunday on a charter from Poole - a friend of mine was onboard at the time, YUM!!!

I am connected to the dorset fish grapevine at the mo! laugh.gif

R