Fish Dumping

Paul D

That's disgusting.

Looks as though they were boxed up to keep, did they then catch something more lucrative, so dumped what they had.

..at a guess...

Quotas

That's what I meant, got something more lucrative so to stay within their quota dumped the other.

But I think we can do something about it!

But it takes bluudy hard work!

I am not being naive here but over the last few months I have been writing to my MP, DEFRA ministers all the southern MEPs (and Joe Borg, the EU Commissioner) about the policy and article 47 and I sent them all a link of this video clip.

I was amazed at the response. On the whole very positive (I know, they would say that wouldn't they just before an election, but read on). I know for a fact that many have pressed the commission for some response because I have been sent copies of the correspondence both ways. Public pressure has watered down Article 47 to a manageable level and I think they finally are getting the message.

Very early days, but I feel the general public is starting to take note and that will have an effect. The film End of the Line will help as well.

I have also sent the video clip link to many of my non fishing contacts who have been horrified and I suggest you all do the same. We fishermen can't do it alone.

Martyn