Sunday - Weymouth

Adam F

Loyal Royal with me and Paul J as crew joined Maverick with Bob F, for a spot of bassing on the Shambles on Sun.

Billy sorted us out with a bucket of live eels - (thanks Billy, you are a star!!) and at 8.30am we headed out to the banks.

We started well with fish on the first 4 drifts to all rods, but then the tide slackened a little at about 11ish, so we had a play around elsewhere with mixed success with Bream, Gurnard, Bass etc.

The tide picked up again at 1pm, but was against wind - which had freshend to around a F4, which made fishing a little lumpy!

Bass were back on the feed though, and we caught reasonably steady throughout the afternoon. Not big fish, averaging about 1.5-2lb, but good fun. Mark B was the star of the day taking a 4lb Brill on his live eel!

Finished off on the Hood for 1/2 hour. Final tally: 30ish bass, 1 brill, 2 bream, 1 gurnard.

Enjoyable day - cheers guys! biggrin.gif

Yeh, twas a good day, if a little choppy at times. But very impressed with the way Maverick handled the seas. Some of those huge rolling waves towards the west bouy were fun to drift over with beam on, but Maverick just glided over them. rolleyes.gif

A really good day, Martin. wink.gif

Billy,

an enjoyable day and good to see so many bass come aboard, small but very spirited fish which put in a good scrap.

We actually outfished some of the charter boats which for 3 anglers aint bad.

Thanks again and looking forward to the next time which won't be long

Cheers

Paul J

Yep sure was a good day.

I just love the scenery up that end. It was a bit (very bye the end of the day) lumpy, sort of now you see them wheres those boats gone kinda weather. We were not the smallest craft out there, a Warrior 165 was fishing in amongst the rough stuff. Bob and I didnt fare quite as well as the crew on Loyal Royal but then we didnt end up walking around without our underpants either. Anyhow thats another story I'll let Adam explain wacko.gif

Cheers Billy for the info and the supply of the eels, nice one matey.

Martin

weep.gifweep.gif .....at tad embarrasing!.....

The edges of the banks were pretty lumpy with overfalls...we had started our drift outside them on the calm water....all of us were in intense concerntration as we felt for bites on our live eels...when out of no-where comes a huge wave -INSIDE Loyal Royal!!!! ....hit me full on, and soaked me to the skin! - I may as well have jumped it I was that wet!. All I had was my sallopetts and my jacket, so down to my underpants and I spent the rest of the day in my waterproofs!!

Interesting that a 165 was out their..I had wondered what it would have been like has I taken my boat.