Electrical wiring corrosion

Coddy

Hi guys and gals

I was checking the electrics over and noticed I have started to get a bit of corrosion appearing on the power lead pins of the radio. blink.gif

As anyone any good ways of slowing/stopping this?

It will be a matter of time when I will want to use the radio and it will not work so I feel it is better to get it sorted out now before it happens.

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif

you don't specify where the corrosion is but if it is on the boat side of the circuit - ie the plug that you disconnect from the unit when you remove it then the answer is to isolate this from the current source when the unit is removed. Basically the live is leaking current to the air and corroding as it does (Garmin plugs were a bitch for this, as were Lowrance). Battery isolator in the +ve feed will resolve - as long as you switch it off!

Is this what you mean?

Hi Duncan

You are right, it is on the boat side and I dont take off the radio although I switch it off at the panel and the set.

Got to fit the isolator switch soon

Thanks will try vaseline ............... now wher is that special tube? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Coddy

cool.gif