Boat Safety Check

Coddy

Hi Guys & Gals

I hope to be bring my boat down next week-end for a trip out on Saturday 3rd July weather permitting biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

As my outlaws live near Morton, Dorchester I was thinking of going out from Weymouth or Poole.

I have been out from Weymouth a couple of times but never Poole.

Reason for the post is that as I understand you need to carry out a safety check but if I come down to Poole will someone be available?

I will also be looking for crew and/or buddy up with another boat.

I have charts and a chart plotter, GPS etc. but as new to area would like some experiance of the waters with me for safety reasons ph34r.gif

I know where the slip is but will not have time to get any bait, in fact I don't even know which tackle shop to use. I know only one shop near the town quay back street.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments? unsure.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Dave

We have two committee members who normally carry out the boat checks (are you available PJ or PR). I also believe any committee member is permitted to give your boat the once over and I for one would be available if the others are busy. It would be good to meet you so I look forward to that weather permitting.

If you wanted to go from Poole I could also take out my boat on saturday and would be pleased to show you a few marks. I also may need crew as I am not sure if my son Dean is working or not. If you prefer to go from Weymouth I may also be able to launch there but am not that well up on marks out of there (help Peter or Billy?) I quite fancy a trip outa Weymouth myself for a change.

Let us know your timings and preferences and we can work a trip out from there

Martin

Hi Martin,

I have checked tide times for Portland and it seems

High Tide 8.45 - 9.27 am BST

Low Tide 1.34 - 2.17 pm BST

High Tide 9.14 - 9.45 pm BST

Not sure about Poole

I can make either harbour. As they say, "have car & boat will travel"

I have a few marks for Weymouth area.

Suppose it depends o weather, if Westerly wind (I think) you will get shelter from Portland.

Again I don't know about Poole

As you guys have the expertise can I suggest I leave it to you and deside nearer the time so we can see what the weather is doing unsure.gif

I can PM my mobile number if needed

I will be going down on Friday as I have a job in Dorchester Hospital so I will not be on line Friday night unless I can persude the outlaws to use thier PC on dial up dry.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

ps I see I have gone to a Cod Hauler .............. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Dave/Paul

Sounds like we may have a trip. Tides are great for launch and retreive. We can decide on venue later in the week, any other trailers/members fancy it?

Paul you could do the boat check at the same time all I need to do is get crew for Maverick any takers?

Dave I will email you the members list or do you already have it? let me know

Martin