Chart Plotter

Afishionado

Mike, fone up Garmin and express your interest in the item, ask them for advice, and mention the club. I went in there recently to grab a new transducer mount, and was fishinmg for club sponsorship, so all enquiries from PBSBAC should be well recieved, plus th more enq's they get from us, the more likely they might be to sponsor.

Rich

Alternatively, give Steve Walker at J.K. Max Navigation a call if you're interested in Lowrance. Be sure to ask him for his very best deal, with charts and mention the club as I did a fair bit of groundwork with him. go to J.K. Max Navigation

I have to say that I find the Lowrance units pretty simple to use, bigger screen the better and the combined plotter/sounder units are great. Easy fitting too.

Terry.

Mike,

You wont go wrong with any unit from the main manufacturers - Garmin, Navman, Lowrance (Eagle) Raymarine, Furnuo etc..

Garmin, Navman and Lowrance probably have the biggest leisure following in our size and boat useage.

Furuno, Simrad and Raymarine are all starting to go towards commercial use and whilst are still leisure units, they arent as intuative as the ones above.

Size wise - I know what you mean. Personally I managed a 10.5" plotter for your budget - just, but had to add the charts - another

Hi Mike

I am sure will get a lot of "I use xxx and well pleased with it"

Suggest that you go to here http://www.jgtech.co.uk/page3.htm?tp=CONTINUE+SHOPPING they are based in Weymouth and give great deals and you can have a play with some of the units in the shop.

Worth giving them a call before going as they do close at odd times. They can be hard to find as they are close to Weymouth Angling Centre but under the covered pathway going towards the town bridge.

Many of the local charter fleet use him so he comes with some knowledge! rolleyes.gif

Have fun, Oh I use Navman and well pleased with it, it also uses C-Map NT+ charts which seem to be very popular with many manufactures. wink.gifwink.gif

Out of interest which style of charts are being phased out?

Coddy

cool.gif

One of our sponsors Marine Electronic Services would be more than happy to discuss the various units with you

They are in the same building as Tom in Salterns so I am sure you have seen their shop

01202 707007 I believe is the number.

As coddy says you can get a lot of personal choices on here [Mine is Lowrance and Navionics Gold] but they have a wide range to discuss and will offer Members discount.

Charlie

Hi guys, I have just got home from hospital after an operation on Thursday last and partial kidney failure by Friday. However I had the services of three brilliant consultants and a fabulous nursing team who's intensive efforts over the last few days got me back almost well again by today! Even better still is the news that provided I follow their health and drug regime I should make a 100% recovery over the next 6 months or so smile.gif

Anyway I still haven't read your replies yet but I felt that I should apologise for asking a question and then apparently ignoring or not answering the advice offered.

I now have an enforced 'quiet time' over the next few weeks so the forum here will be a regular visit for me.

Mad Mike