Stainless wire

plaicemat

This last weekend I have made up 28lbs of weights using the club moulds and am about to pass them on. However, I would like to replace the stainless wire that I used but, where to obtain said item? Any ideas or offers to supply and I will gladly pay for it.

Terry.

Hi Terry

I am not sure what wire you had, but I supplied a large roll to Rich once so if it is part of that do not worry as I can supply more when the need arrises.

secondly when I loaned my moulds out during the building of alfresco, someone [i dont know which of the members I loaned them to] purchased the wire loops for the bopedo moulds, and was kind enough to return some with the moulds without me noticing. rolleyes.gif

I am sorry I did not realise at the time to thank you and hope it was intentional as I made some leads recently and used them. biggrin.gif

These loops are available from various places including veals mail order, so you could use that route to replace wires if you wish.

Charlie

Terry,

I have used a fairly thin guage stainless steel welding rod - "donated" by a friendly welding - fabrication Company.

I think that I have a fair few left - will be willing to offer FOC along with some lead if whoever wants to make up a few assorted weights for me

Neal

Dear keeper of mould, and his mouldling,

I've got a hole in my roof, and will have a barrow full of lead in due course.

Please could I borrow said stainless wire and moulds, when the heat has died down.?

Paul

If keeper of moulds would like to have some clamps, I'll put a set in the plastic bin as fair payment for the wire. (ps it hasnt rusted yet, not like my stainless pliers)

unsure.gifsad.gif

BTW

Memo To: Weight makers Guild

I think Neal has the right idea, get someone else to make - with your lead - I managed get a right headache before I realised it was probably atomised heavy metal ions destroying my brain.

Note to secretary, open the Window....

As long as it's not raining heavily, Paul. Water and hot lead do not mix.

I'll put my wallet away as there seems to be a superfluity of stainless wire. I'm now looking for some 4, 6 and 8oz weight moulds for the lighter stuff. Who's the cheapest supplier?

Terry.

I managed get a right headache before I realised it was probably atomised heavy metal ions destroying my brain.......

sinbad's quote....

look here mate...I've been moulding lead weights in my garage for years,and i'ts never done me any harm any harm any harm any harm.rhubarb tart.cribbage... :lol:jack