2007 British Cod Championships

Neal

I, along with my mate John will be fishing the 2007 British Cod Championships on 14th and 15th November.

I would like to make up at least one team of four people representing PBSBAC,

or more if anyone else is interested.

I have fished this Competition for the last 4 years and it is generally a good fun couple of days.

Biggest Cod on each day wins

Not able to make a mid-week comp unfortunately sad.gif

I am, however, intending to fish the Lymington Open Cod Comp on the 4th November ( I am assuming this is a "bring your own boat" comp ? ).

Hoping to persuade PJ to crew for me.

thanks Andy

might just tootal over and tie up on the Quay Say night with a view to fishing it on the Sunday if the weather shows promise then.

never fished anything other than Poole Bay or the Poole Cod Comp before so it would make a change I guess!

Duncan,

Details were as follows :-

04 November 2007

Lymington Cod Open Boat Competition. Organised by Lymington & District Sea Fishing Club. Book-in at Club HQ Bath Road from 7-00am. Fishing from 09.00 - 15.00. Tel Brian Ansell: 01590-672628 or Club Secretary: 01590-674962.

Not sure on the entry fee.

The format is:- all anglers fish from charter boats

A week or so before the competition - A draw is made to determine which boat you fish on.

If we apply together - we can ask to fish together in either pairs or groups of 4 (possibly more, as some of the big Cats hold up to 12 people).

The more people that enter the more boats they call in - ie from Poole Charter Fleet, Langstone etc.

For the last couple of years they have had 170(plus) anglers out for the 2 days.

People normally meet at Lymington (check with me if you need transport too and from) and are then ferried across to Yarmouth - sort out their boat and all set off at the same time.

Fishing starts around 10.00am when the last/slowest boat gets on station and lines up at 4.00pm - back to Yarmouth to weigh in your

• 2 weeks later...

A group of five are now booked into the British Cod Championships

Alun Jones

Dean Burt

Neal Sturt

Tom Smith

John Young

unfortuately they can only accommodate a maximum team size of 4 people, so we have been split into a three and a two.

First result is from the boat draw. approx 170 anglers on 20 Boats

Both groups have been placed on big new catamarans.

"shogun" Skippered by Rob Thompson. Who appears regularly in BFM

"Jo-Dan" Skippered by Phil Hunt - another well known charter skipper from the Solent area.

So now we are almost weather proof as these big cats sit well in most seas - all that now remains -

Bring on the COD

Neal