New club record methinks????

Adam F

Well, after I had the small eyed record dissallowed - I thought I carry on the record hunt and stick with the ray family!....Dasyatis Pastinaca

Sting Ray - 16lb 0oz. Caught on mackeral fillet off Sowley. How chuffed was I?!! biggrin.gif

post-14-1086282746.jpg

Web site updated. Bit small though isn't it. ph34r.gif "Only" 53.0 % of the specimen weight, so no good for the specimen comp smile.gif

I have added the picture to the members fish pages and also the front page of the site is updated ( Perhaps you can get James to go there first smile.gif )

fished the betsy quite a few times had never heard of a stingray from there fished on charter boats and tara only had the usual wreck fish, conger pout ect.

Have heard from a freind who worked on one of the trawlers that they used to get quite a few stingrays in the bay, more towards the solent up to 50lbs +!! and they used to bring them back to poole and release them near poole harbour to try and spread there range biggrin.gif

James