Where to fish?

Member Removed

Hi there. I have recently bought a 25' Mitchell fishing boat and have taken it for a couple of fishing trips. I get really tossed around coming back into the harbour with all those Sunseekers and Fairlines at the end of the day!!! I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice on where fishing is good in and out of the harbour. The sort of fishing I will probably start with is collecting mackerel for bait then do some fishing at the bottom for doggies/bream out of the harbour (bass/flounder inside) etc. Where is good for this. Thanks in advance.

Hi Andy

The best way to find marks worth fishing is to look at your admiralty chart of the area and look for features. Things such as banks, rough ground, holes, or ledges can all be good fish holding areas.

If you are fishing inshore you might like to try Old Harry to Ballard for Bream or Poole Patch theses popular areas are plainly shown on the chart.

An easy way to find marks is to join a club that specializes in boat fishing if you can find one ph34r.gif. Over a period of time you would pick up from other members where they fish and what can be expected in a given area. If your interested in this club then send an email to martin.burt1@ntlworld.com and you will receive a new member pack by return which might help you decide wether pbsbac is worth joining.

Regards

Martin

Andy, it's defo worth joining. I am from Andover and that flipping miles from Poole. These guys are great with helpful tips on boats or anything else for that matter. My boat is slowly working it's way to the coastline rolleyes.gif , just need the vhf boat licence.

Word of warning tho, stay away from Mike, he's trouble ........ rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Word of warning tho, stay away from Mike, he's trouble ........

Eh!! what!! ohmy.gif

A little excentric maybe blink.gif Trouble? Never ph34r.gif

Any way the girl is outa hospital now and with therapy she will one day be able to look at pea soup again sick.gif

And as for the sheep, how it got into the locker of the boat heaven only knows. I just asked the wife for a wooly jumper. smile.gif

Mike