No Gear And No Idea..

SEANEY

Hello all,

Just browsing on fishing forum online and found the pbsa website and registered.

We have small dory ( Bracklesham Belle) we've spent the last few months touching it up, few bits needed doing here and there went out three weeks ago for trials and she seemed ok: fairly sound.

Having looked on the site for a few hours, wouldnt mind coming along to PYC to say hello if thats ok ? i'm a novice when it comes to fishing, have been out a few times on charters,around about now for bream etc but would like to get to use the boat as much as possible and become even more frustrated... not catching fish.

Have had limited success of the groynes around the ferry and training bank but really would appreciate any help anyone has to give and hopefully i could return the favour.

Cheers all the best,

Sean

Email: seanesy@hotmail.com

Welcome Sean

Plenty of help here to be had Sean.

To make the most of your boating and fishing, safely and successfully, why not come along to our next meeting and join the club. So much more to gain from the inside.

Next meeting soon..............have a chat with Maverick.

Wedge

cool.gif

Hi Sean and welcome to our clubs forum and home on the net.

If you have any questions about either angling or boatmanship then just fire away. I'm sure our members will be more than willing to find answers for you.

You would be more than welcome to attend one of our meetings. You never know you might like what you see and join us. Our next meeting is on 6th June from 7:30pm at the Parkstone Trades and Labour Club, Ashley Road, Parkstone.

Look forward to meeting you

Martin

Sean,

Dont be hard on yourself, everyone starts somewhere.

The fact that you have taken the trouble to do some research and join the forum shows that you are taking a sensible approach. As someone who started from scratch myself not so long ago, I 'd definitely echo the advice to join the club if you can. There is a huge amount of knowledge on fishing, fun and safety that will be given readily.

And you'll catch fish as a result - I guarantee it

Steve

Sean,

Wholeheartedly agree with the comments posted here. 3 years ago I was a complete novice as well and had just bought my first boat. Joining this club was the best move I could have made. Now catching more fish and more importantly doing it safely.

Re touching up your 'dory' (well that's a new name for it!!) if you do it round the groins it will make you go blind blink.gif

I started fishing with no knowledge and I can fairly claim I still have most of it.

Here are some tips.........

Bait a hook lower it over the side and hold the rod .... Zilch, Nada, Nowt!

Put down rod try to pour coffee out of flask...Instant bite

You will run out of bait just as the fish come on to feed

"You should have been here yesterday!" will ring in your ears for evermore

Except for...

"Don't worry it's only a little leak"

As it says on the gates of HMP Dartmore "Abandon all hope ye who enter here"

Apart from these and a few thousand other little niggles it's a grand sport and your welcome (to it?)

Mad Mike

PS Bank Holiday, windy, grey, cold, pi55ed off.

Although he failed to add that he's still a novice biggrin.gif

Walked straight into that one I think laugh.gif

However, many a true word spoken in jest and I would be first to admit that every trip is a learning experience and I am always learning and still have plenty to learn.

Another thing you'll find is that the length of a thread (frequently, quite an inocuous one) is inversely proportionate to the current weather's suitability for getting out and fishing. For example, at the moment it's cr@p! biggrin.gif

Terry.