Which Boot?

Bob F

Bob

I have had both and currently use the neoprene ones.

I have to say I am a bit dissapointed in them. They offer very little support around the anckles and although the grip looks a bit like one on a deck shoe, it is nothing like it and offers far less grip than the hot foot ones.

If my hot foot ones had given up the ghost after a "friend" decided it would be funny to slip some mackerel into one and I didn't realise until about 3 months later then I would still be using those.

Tom

Hi Bob

I too have both types and use nothing but the neoprenes.

When it gets a bit cold I just use thermal socks for a bit more warmth but they are normally warm on the feet anyway.

Easy to get on/off

Seem to grip in my boat, no slimy fish allowed on the floor wink.gif

If they do get wet, they dry quicker

Cheaper than Hot Foots

Coddy

cool.gif

Bob, I use the neoprene boots, very compfy, good grip, and quite warm. For increased warmth on those long, cold, "Open Comp" type days when the cod ust aren't biting, I have a set of Ron Thompson neoprene socks, with fleece liners, which keep your feet warm as toast.

On the negative, I did have a set of those hotfoot boots, which I duly slung out, as they were like a certain race from Iraq........sheites!!! wink.gif

Rich

Wish I hadn't asked now...opinions are evenly divided. unsure.gif

But I'm leaning towards the Neoprene Boots with a pair of Neoprenes socks. They'll be more flexible in different situations...especially handy if the end of one happens to disappear up the southern channel, as Pete puts it. blink.gif Soft and gentle me thinks.

How the thread wanders....

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, chaps.

BF

Wish I hadn't asked now...opinions are evenly divided. unsure.gif

with a pair of Neoprenes socks.

BF

Bob

If you ahve neoprene socks your feet will sweat like an absolute wotsit resulting in smelly wet feet as the socks are 100% not breathable.

In extreme circumstances, the flip side to that is extremely cold feet once they have sweated.

Tom

Just for a new dimention Bob, my neo waders have felt soles and they are excelent for grip.

I also find that when I have kept my waders on, my feet have been warm enough. I think a key point is to ensure you have enough room to wear 2 or 3 pairs of thin socks and not have the boots too tight so as to slow down the circulation of blood.

(or what ever travels through your veins wink.gif )

Gordon

Neoprene sweats alot - warm at first but once the sweat cools, they become very cold.

As someone who has perminatly cold feet from Nov onwards the only boots I use are Skeetex.

About the same price as the hot foots - they look clumpy but are easy to walk in and they have been used by Rannaulph Feinnes to the poles...

Top boots.

Agree with Adam,

The Skeetex are an awsome boot, when i used to work in Loni's AC these boots sold like bloody hot cakes and no-one ever had a bad word to say about them. My mate Steve swears by them and on the few occasions he's lent them to me they are a god send.

Dom

Well, for good or for bad, I've gone with the Neoprene Boot and fleece lined socks to deter the sweating.

I tried out the Skeetex boats and at 6' 4" I didn't like the added height they gave and the clumpy walking.

I'll stay with what comes natural...smelly feet! tongue.gif

Thanks for your comments, every one.

BF