November Open Comp Rules And Forms

Paul D

• 3 weeks later...

just for a bt of fun how about a round of 'predict the winning species' - as we seem to be in 'comp' mode on here recently!

whilst torn between bull huss and undulate ray I think I would put my money on the undulate if pressed - unless the weather is extremely settled and flat calm in which case................ ph34r.gif

rolleyes.gif

My money is on a Flounder.  laugh.gif

Unless its dead flat then my money would be on a Tubby or Brill tongue.gif

Round fish must surely be either an undulate or bully or if were really lucky a Cod? but then again whiting could be in the running or even a Wrasse but what about Bass what do we do with that, weigh in or go for the catch and release prize, to many decisions blink.gifwacko.gif

ummmmm can't make up me mind smile9.gif

Martin

How about a double figure bass on a couple of squid intended for a cod....oooh now there would be a dilema. It would be nice to receive the first ever BASS trophy (ordered it today) for a catch and release fish, along with all the publicity that will go with it....not to mention a round of drinks for all the anglers on the boat. And a new Penn rod and reel. And a years mebership of BASS. And just think, you don't even have to win the comp proper for all this glory, just catch and release a double figure bass, how difficult can that be cool.gif. You could always go on to win both if you caught the cod you were fishing for as well.

I'll get my coat.

Good luck all.

I wish I would be there but looks like I will be away again on my travels to the other side of the world! weep.gif

Good luck to those that enter, if you need crew give my friend and club member Bill Smith a call as I am sure he would love a trip out and can catch fish as well! wink.gifwink.gif

Coddy

sick.gif

hey Rich I have only fished 3 trips out on the boat this year and landed a turbot every time! .............. but the specimen weight just doesn't stack up for this comp.

Gruffy - how about catching 2 x 12lb bass and returning 1 to win everything! Certainly not beyond the capabilities of some anglers here.

Gars are certainly an interesting angle; one to ponder! ph34r.gif

and Bob - having never caught a flounder I wouldn't know where to start so I will leave that to the experts............... sad.gif

Gruffy - how about catching 2 x 12lb bass and returning 1 to win everything! Certainly not beyond the capabilities of some anglers here.

Duncan,

If it happens it happens....this is a scenario that was considered by BASS but hey, at the end of the day, the award is for the largest returned bass, full stop. If offering this award means that a 12lb bass goes back then fantastic, this is a great result. The intention is for this award to be piloted at this open comp with a view to it being expanded next year, so we'll just have to suck it and see. I hope a few bass are caught and released, and I hope the winner is 9lb 15oz, because I've commited to pay for the drinks if it's over 10lb!

looks very good - and glad to see the drinks are still in there........... rolleyes.gif

over recent years I thinks it's fair to say that I have gone further than many in this area - I don't even catch them in the first place.

however I love a challenge!

Someone mentioned earlier about garfish....not normally considered a common catch in November admittedly, but in that barmy weather last sundy I managed to snag one whilst lure fishing and I saw a couple of others following lures during the afternoon, so they are still around. There were also plenty of bass, so I'm looking forward to seeing who will take the C&R trophy.

By the way, I received the rod and reel combo from Penn yesterday and the reel is not the model listed in the initial draft of the comp notice - it's actually a Penn 310GTI, and there's a spool of braid and bulk spool of mono as well - I reckon this is about