I Need A Cheap Boat

Gnasher

cheers bootlegger, pm me your number, ive a few ledge marks up my sleeve.

Kam, Gnasher was 15ft, a 16footer would be ok if the cabin wasnt to big. A 17footer would ideal. Ive been offered a 17ft open top dory with a 30hp and trailer for a good price, but i want a bit of shelter as my boy wants somewhere to hide if it starts raining.

Edited by Gnasher

On the face of it it appears exectly what you're looking for, so long as the hull is OK (no sign of Osmosis blistering) the boat itself should be OK. The most important thing then is the condition of the outboard and trailer, I note that it's a 40 HP Mariner (that could be an ex RNLI contract engine) if it is it's likely to be in good nick as they only keep them for about 3 years and then get rid of them. With regards the trailer I'm not really up to load weights on unbraked trailers so I can't comment but generally if the bearings are OK then it should be OK. Everything else would be pretty much cosmetic.

I could look at the boat for you (if it's not in deepest Kent) as Kent is only accross the Thames from where I work and I have a mate that lives in Sandwich.