Gambia

Maverick Martin

the shore fishing out there is so good you dont need boats just 14ft boat rods and 4/0 reels some people i know were in namibia in jan and had some huge fish , 30lb bream got to be worth a go dont you think specialy of the shore !!!!

If anyone's interested in Namibia they should have a word with Chris Caines, skipper of Tiger Lily in Weymouth.

[quote Any one with experiance of Cuba?

I'm off there in October.]

Friend of mine went out in February, could not get out due to tale end of Hurricane sad.gif

He said Southern part of Cuba is best area for fishing.

Roger Bayzand is the person to chat too.

Hope it is as good as they show on the TV

Codfather rolleyes.gif

[quote Any one with experiance of Cuba?

I'm off there in October.]

Friend of mine went out in February, could not get out due to tale end of Hurricane sad.gif

He said Southern part of Cuba is best area for fishing.

Hope it is as good as they show on the TV

Codfather rolleyes.gif

Why is that? I would love some authentic advice.

We are going to Cayo Guillermo which is on the north coast sorta facing the Bahamas channel.

Mike

We are going to Cayo Guillermo which is on the north coast sorta facing the Bahamas channel.

Mike

Oh!

Do I detect a touch of bitchyness? blink.gif

My fishing buddy went to the Northern part and was told the best fishing was in the South of the Island all year round. The North gets good in their summer months.

Just my two cents worth weep.gif

Codfather

Mike

Oh!

Do I detect a touch of bitchyness? blink.gif

My fishing buddy went to the Northern part and was told the best fishing was in the South of the Island all year round. The North gets good in their summer months.

Just my two cents worth weep.gif

Codfather

Oh no, no bitchiness at all. We are going to the northern bit 'cos thats where the holiday 'deal' was....... (Thos Cook on Sky, 2 weeks all inclusive drinks and all, flights and tax's

Dont know about Bone fishing - but do about fly.

I suspect you will need a faily heavy set up - possibly a 6-7 weight?

I have fly tackle you are welocme to borrow if you go - but to be honest the cost of it nowdays (20 quid for a travel fly rod) and the likely hood of me lending you one and it getting snapped in transit (airport) is highly likely.

You really need to learn to cast first if you are thinking of having a go.

Im happy to give you a few pointers when i bring my Aux over if you like?

Adam

Mike,

Adams right, Learning to cast first is a must.

You will need to be up to it physically cause it's quite a strain on the wrists when you first start out.

I will endevour to get you out somewhere to have a bash- time is the problem ( perhaps a couple of hours in the evening mid next week? Adam im sure your up for it?

When are you going on Holiday?

Graham at Davis tackle can give you some insight into bone fishing- There a website section called bonefish adventures linked to Davis tackle- sorry don't know exact web address

cheers

Paul

Mike,

Adams right, Learning to cast first is a must.

You will need to be up to it physically cause it's quite a strain on the wrists when you first start out.

I will endevour to get you out somewhere to have a bash- time is the problem ( perhaps a couple of hours in the evening mid next week? Adam im sure your up for it?

When are you going on Holiday?

Graham at Davis tackle can give you some insight into bone fishing- There a website section called bonefish adventures linked to Davis tackle- sorry don't know exact web address

cheers

Paul

We are going to Cuba in October, so ther is plenty of time to learn.

Your offer is brilliant and I should be able to fit into any timing that suits you.

MOst things I've learnt I have taught myself, but there are a few basic 'starter' questions like ......

When one is told one needs a #6 or a #7 weight rod what does this mean in the terms of the rod?

Ditto reel and line

Mike

Adam,

I shall have to dig out the fly rod too and tag along with you two. I have a total of two weeks fly fishing practlce...... Tried to fly fish for mullet some 4 - 5 years ago and had no luck + 1 week "salmon" fishing in Scotland ( long story ).

Presumably the mullet fishing is not in the purely CAC waters, but in that shallow part near Stanpit whose name I cannot remember and near the bridge ??