O/B fuel line

Afishionado

Does any one know if there is a maximum length that one can have the fuel line from the O/B tank to the engine connection, and which end to have the pre pump bulb (I usualy have it nearest the engine). The reason I ask os that in my little boat there is precious little space in the aft end. I plan to have the tank right up at the bow inside the cuddy where the weight will also help in keeping the bow level whilst on the plane.

Mike

Don't know.

Suck it and see. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

But you are right, there must be a limit to the sucking power of the petrol pump.

I assume that depends on the size of engine you have. What engine will you be using? And I suppose you will keep the same diameter fuel pipe right through.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Saw on a web site that you can get "bow" shaped fuel tanks in plastic, so mounting the tank in the front is not such a crazy idea. biggrin.gif

Most outboards have a pump arrangement, maybe worth an email to the engine manufacture to see what the maximum lifting capacity it has.

Regards

Codfather

Quote........Most outboards have a pump arrangement, maybe worth an email to the engine manufacture to see what the maximum lifting capacity it has.

What a bloody good idea. So good infact I shall claim it was mine in the first place laugh.gif

Thank you, it's obvious now you've said it but it never occured to me!

Mike