Shambles update

Bob F

Here's breakdown for todays comp on the bank (Shambles) given by BoyBilly on another Forum. BoyBilly will be meeting us at Weymouth.

Two boats, Topcat and Flamer.

Topcat had seven anglers, 32 Plaice to 3.5lb, 1 Turbot 12lb, 2 dogfish and numerous sandeels on feathers.

Flamer had eight anglers, 36 Plaice to 6.25 ( 4 over 4lb ).

Of these 15 anglers at least 9 were using the Gruvell quiver rods. It may have been more but there were 3 anglers on Flamer that I didn,t know.

All fish were taken on ragworm with either squid or sandeel strip. Every angler used braid and the most lead I used all day was 5 ozs plus a little ball lead about 12 inches from the hook to pin the bait down. I personally had 6 plaice and dropped four. If the weather stays good you should have a cracker next week mate. BB.

They are rods made by the Spanish manufacturer, Grauvell.

Weymouth Angling Center are selling them. There's a review on them in this months Boat Fishing mag. The Grauvell Anagra it is called.

Basically, they are a light boat rod that comes with two interchangable tips,

for light or slightly heavier work.

Price is around

basically a boat rod with a quiver tip!

I might bring my coarse rods!! tongue.gif I must admit to being sceptical about them - although I am assured they are the mutts. - We shall see!

Bring it on - be nice to christen Blue Warrior with a nice fat plaice!!