Copper?

Adam F

Good call with the 316 and the action of copper in the brine.

If it's plumbing ya need Iva catalogue bursting with every affordable sorta pipe and fittings you could dream of rolleyes.gif .

500 pages of it ohmy.gif

Wedge

I work for Plumb Center so no probs in getting the gear.

The reason I ask is that I thought it would make a great frame for a Parlour Pot for lobsters. A selection of fittings, a few lengths of 22mm copper tube and fill the lower sections with lead - cover in nylon mesh and bingo.

Is this not a good idea then?

Unless coated, personally I'd say not........... but then again I've seen a few bait tanks with copper fittings, so worth dropping some 'scrap' down to see how long it lasts. Not my first choice....... personally.

If electrolysis is not an issue, in this instance , you may fair better unsure.gif .

I've every chance of being wrong.

smile.gif

Go on then Mike, I dare you............ ph34r.gif

Wedge

if its for a lobster pot why not make it out of Osma and loose fit some of the joints, then tailor the net to hold it all together and it will pack down to next to nothing when not in use. you can chuck sand, stones, lead or anything into the pipe to weight it down and its completly inert, no scent, no corrosion, no nothing.

just a thought unsure.gif

Simon L

570x310mm - is this too small? - how big are yours Steve?

They say that wil the door opening widened that crabs and lobsters will use it?

57cm by 31cm ain't huge, but a standard lobster pot isn't much more than 1m? My 'shark cage' trap is ridiculously large so no good as a benchmark. Way I see it, the bigger the pot the less chance the crabs can find the exit.

Next job for me is to try the top entry pot made from the washing machine drum. That one will be going onto quite shallow reef, see if it will pick up a few prawns.

Steve

How about scallops and oysters?

Only two ways of catching these, dredging or diving for them.

Regarding the issue of space that pots take up, have a look at the folding ones advertised in BFM. I bought one earlier this year for prawns and its brilliant, just looking forward to trying it out asap.

Gordon H