Moorings Again

BigMac

Hi all,

I am a new club member and already find myself looking for help. I have recently changed my boat and can no longer get on my usual summer mooring above Tuckton Bridge because of radar arch etc.

Does anybody know of available pontoon moorings in the Christchurch or Poole Areas?

Cheers

Allan

Al,

You need to get in touch with the council for a mooring in Xchurch unless you go for one of the few boat yards up the river. Someone will post a link / number for Christchurch council Im sure.

Re. Poole - very expensive and / or a HUGE waiting list sums it up. The nearer the entrance the steeper the price increase.

Although accesability is alot better at all states of tide at Poole, I personally like the varied potential out of Xchurch - IOW one way, Poole & the west the other.

Adam

Adam,

Me and Rupe are top of the bankside waiting list at the moment with the West Hants but when I spoke to him it was definitely going to be a bankside rather than a pontoon. Bankside would have been alright with the Raider, but we bought "Aquafresh" from Frazer and the thought of anyone just being able to walk on and off it fills me with dread.

Trots are out as well. Can you imagine me and Rupe in a pram dinghy? biggrin.gif

We figure the boat warrants spending a couple of grand or whatever on a secure pontoon to keep it safe.

We're in Ribs at the moment but I reckon they'll want us out as soon as they've fitted the new sump on the engine.

Appreciate your help.

See you out there soon smile.gif

Al

Al,

What about further up from Ribs outside the civic center.

theres a boat there currently with a sticker on it saying it's illegally parked.

It's been there a while so i guess he didn't pay his fee's yet= could be a space going wink.gif

I think this is West Hants also

Paul J

I think most of the moorings ( bar those in Mudeford harbour ) are now controlled by Bournemouth and West Hants.

( That boat with the sticker on was a Bournemouth and West Hants sticker ).

Aquafresh is a well nice boat, I have to say.

Mikey, where does Pete Russel (Snr) moor his boat?? Thats not a shabby set up, and you can bring the boat alongside the pontoon to stow al the paraphanalia that goes with fishing! Also, Dave Mayne, (Animal, on here) moors his boat a little farther back from petes...........although apparently you have to take a swim from the tenders annually..............sorry Dave!! wink.gif

Rich

Hi Kam

I heard from my colleagues at Universal Marina it was now very expensive, but I didn't realise it was even dearer than Salterns now.

...prices are starting to get ridiculous.

Had my renewal through from Weymouth council and that is now starting to get expensive. It is still less than

Mikey, where does Pete Russel (Snr) moor his boat?? Thats not a shabby set up, and you can bring the boat alongside the pontoon to stow al the paraphanalia that goes with fishing! Also, Dave Mayne, (Animal, on here) moors his boat a little farther back from petes...........although apparently you have to take a swim from the tenders annually..............sorry Dave!! wink.gif

Rich

There USED to be Sandbanks Yacht Co moorings that I believe Pete used which is just along from North Haven Lake clubs moorings. NHL has good facilities but they can be a funny lot and are VERY clique-y. The property company that bought the SBYC property are I believe offering moorings to the origional clients but offer no facilities or parking and are charging a higher rental.

Mad Mike