Cod Farming

Paul D

I don't think it will be such an issue to be honest. Cod in fish and Chip shop batter, I doubt that most punters would be able to tell the difference between farmed or wild.

Besides, it won't be long until there is no choice anyway !

from reports in my industry it's expensive and think, where do they get the food from to feed these wonderfull organic fish . Wiping out the giant sandeel fisheries is one method. These cod are fed on fish there organic so its a merry go round operation wipe out one to keep another going mad.gif then we will end up with farmed sand eels organic i hope!! mad.gif

they already process the sandeels for pigs (Dutch had 3 processing plants doing it!) so a few for the cod farm ...........

I always felt the main difference with farmed seabass was that it was gererally warm water/faster bred. Our resident expert on fish farming may be able to add a bit more!?!

The great heard of cod lazily swims in the North Sea, men wearing aqualungs, check shirts, leather chaps on their legs and Stetson hats on their heads kick the dolphins they are riding into life and a bubbly voice commands them to "Get ubble them blulble up ppopl and ride dubble them out ubbble. Yes this is fish farming on the wild edge of the bad lands.........

Mad Mike

Mike,

The great heard of cod lazily swims in the North Sea, men wearing aqualungs, check shirts, leather chaps on their legs and Stetson hats on their heads kick the dolphins they are riding into life and a bubbly voice commands them to "Get ubble them blulble up ppopl and ride dubble them out ubbble. Yes this is fish farming on the wild edge of the bad lands.........

huh.gif

that would be cod ranching (open ground)............ farming, of course everyone knows, is done behind fences.

rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

Fred,

I can see what you are saying from searching up articles on cod farming.....

===============================================

The fish are fed either commercially available pellets or a moist