Best Place For Batteries

Maverick Martin

Both my batteries were dead on Sunday so had to pich my van battery to get the boat started. Tried to charge one up, it has been on charge for two days and no luck tis capput. They are just leisure bats and are now approaching 3 years old so have had a reasonable innings.

Now need two new bats where would you advise me to try?

Martin

Martin

We now use new Forest motor factors for our batteries

Call them on 691111 and let them know what spec and size you want/need they will quote you

They deliver here within a day and the costs are good depending on the spec

well worth the phone call.

If you want me to get you a quote, call me with the info

Charlie biggrin.gif

Not sure why anyone would want a a 110Ah battery over an 85 for starting - does it need cranking for an hour or so each time? rolleyes.gif

Seriously the CCA rating of most vehicle batteries will be fine for an OB but the extra capacity will provide you with the comfort of running the livewell and anchor lights longer and later - come to think of it can't actually think of much on Maverick that would need serious capacity either..........

I wuld get a couple of Makro's 059's I think they are; about

In summary your needs can be covered by such a wide range of units that financially you will be better off getting an industry standard. Might even pay you to replace that ageing battery in your works van..............

Ummm are you suggesting they could be tax deductable ph34r.gif as if I would work the system wink.gif

For info 85 ah batteries are fine on Maverick. One for starting and one for running 2gps units, radio, and bait well with no probs untill they go pop that is sad.gif

As I need them sooner rather than later I think I'll go off to Makro tommorrow

Thanks all

Martin

Martin, It's not working the system. Obivously your business is very important to you, without it you wouldn't have your boat, so it must be working 100% at all time. You just can't afford to have a flat battery when you are supposed to be going to a job.

Change the battery before it goes dead on you. It's call maintenence rolleyes.gif . You may then dispose of the old battery in whatever way you choose, the council dump is one place springs to mind.....