Pc For Sale

Manic Moore

I am just about to sell my recently graduated daughters Uni PC.

Thought I might see if anyone wanted here before it goes in the free ads.

It's a AMD Athlon XP1800 with 120MB RAM, 40GB HD. 17" screen, keyboard, Microsoft mouse, Good speakers with a sub woofer. I have formatted the drive and reloaded and registered the windows XP. It also has an old copy of Office. It has a modem. If you wanted to go on Broad band, you may have to get a bit more RAM. Other than that it served my daughter well.

A bargain at

Gordon, what size video card does it have installed?? I'm looking for a secong unit for games for the boys when thery come over, sounds fine except for no mention of video card. I'm after something like a 32mb or larger.

If it hasnt one that large, is it possible to bang a replacement inside with the current drive and processor??.......Paul????

Cheers Rich

Woa woa !!

The question to ask is does it have a PCI video card slot or does it have an AGP port ( that is what you want ) and what model of video card does it have ?

With regard to the amount of RAM on the video card, this will determine the maximum resolution / color depth that can be displayed by the card - not necessarily the speed.

The speed of the card will depend upon the processor used on the graphics card and to a smaller degree the type of RAM on the card.

Also depends upon what games you will be playing.

Given that the PC has an Athlon XP1800, I would bet it does have an AGP port, so sounds a good price ( I will take my commission later Gordon smile.gif ).

Does it have USB ports ?

Is the RAM SDRAM or DDR RAM ( faster ) ?

Finally, from the decription of your existing PC Rich, I think you could do far worst than get it smile.gif