Gloves

Newboy

Kam, both fingerless and neoprene have their days, although I'd personnally purchase a set of sealskniz, and a set of neoprenes, as both are worth their weight in gold, both are waterproof, one more hardwearing than the other. I also bang a couple of those boots gelpac handwarmers, which are reuseable, into the tackle box, they stay "charged" untill you click the metal disc inside the gel, to activate the heating mechanism, thus negating the need for fuel rods or batteries. I swore by them when hunting with my hawks in winter, slipping one under the gauntlet, which got extremely cold holding two and a half pounds of Goshawk, or twenty two pounds of Golden Eagle!! At four quid a shot, deffo worth it.

Hope this helps, Rich

Can't beat neoprene gloves, and they make handling spiky critters like thornbacks a lot easier as well.

I've tried the same chemical type handwarmers as Rich, they do OK. The one I've never had courage to take on the boat is a little cigarette-case style thing, in which you put a strip of lighted charcoal. It puts out a nice amount of heat but I can see myself spontaneously combusting an inconvenient distance from the nearest fire engine unsure.gif

Steve

Nice pair of wakeboarding gloves work well when on my open boat, but on the pilothouse I don't use any and hands stay nice and toasty.

If I have to stick them in a bucket of frozen squid or something it is easy enough to warm them up on the stove.

But Wakeboarding gloves are the answer as far as I am concerned.

Kam, Im pretty sure sealskinz or sealskins, advertise in Sea Dangler. I have a contact in the Orvis Company, and can get a reasonable discount,35%, on clothing. I'll grab an ale with him tonight and see what I can get them for.

PS. Cuttles soon??

PPS Your a brave ninja asking your missus to keep her make up on at night wink.gif

Rich

All

We use a lightweight 'Reef-Pro' glove on the fish farm, which is part neoprene part leather. I've used them fishing some time ago and found them quite good. Also used the lightweight from Snowbee. OK but didn't seem to breath so well. I'll get a price on Reef-Pro if anyones interested.

Wedger