Wednesday/thursday Skate & Sole

JIMBOB

Tides look good for a trip out wednesday or thursday evening/nite.Xchurch hw is 9.30pm, Lw xchurch harbour 4.30 am.( for wednesday thurs 1/2 hour later)

my plan is to head out about 6ish and sit it out for a skate till dark then move in to southbourne/boscombe for a sole. then hope to be in for 12 to 2am depending on the fishing Ive got crew just looking for buddy boats.

Any takers?

James

Cant do Thurs, but am going out Weds night for sure, no room on BW though, need to start delivering the promises of trips to various friends and collegues!

Will probably be congering though as opposed to Sole fishing.

Are you guys decided on a date yet? I am able to crew Thursday, unfortunately, its sisters and mums B day on the wed, so a meal out that day, big sis on sat, so cant do the BBQ either mad.gif

The kids fly back early o clock on friday, and wasting zero time, I'm out with BB on a comp later that day! Tight lines if I'm unable to crew.

Rich

Whos comeing then? weather is looking ok west 4/5 today easing all day to a 2 by 12am. should be well sheltered Highcliff side.

I am haveing a slight change of plan as im missing out the skate part and just going for the sole. Im goning to leave late about 8ish and head straight down Barton way.

James

Kam,

Dover Sole - Lemons are extremely rare this far East, further down towards Cornwall they get them more regular.

You will need an smooth sandy bottom for Sole - not rough ground, as they are a flatfish and invaribly bury themselves in the sand.

The mark we fish is about 10-15' deep, a ssandy bottom with ridges in it caused I think by the tide. Sole feed much better at night.

A spinning rod, size 8-10 hooks and ragworm or lug is what is required. We fish anchored as the sole often needs a few minutes to get the bait down his mouth.

Adam