Saturday session

Bobby Buoy

'Well his boats on fire and he's only got an 8" landing net.......and look at the state of his coffee mug!!' were my first words to  Chris (my son) when stepping on board Loobie IIII. Luckily the smoke turned out to be the cabin heating firing up for the first time this autumn and the landing net turned out to be for the live bait tank (what do we know!! 😂). A kind invite from Jerry saw us on C pontoon for 7am Saturday. A glorious morning with much lighter winds than forecast.....t shirt weather by about 11am. 

What a boat! I had to keep checking we were actually doing 20knots as it felt so smooth and quiet. 

We headed out for a drift for bass in swanage bay but things weren't happening and what wind there was was over tide making it lumpy. So plan B and anchoring on a bank for the morning. Once the tide turned we had a steady flow of species......8 in total. The best being bream to 2lb 1oz and smoothhound to 6lb 2oz.

A move after lunch took us to another bank and Jerry taught us the fine art of uptiding which produced a number of rays, not weighed but the best probably around 10lb. 

It was probably an average day for you Jerry but it was a great one for us so thank you very much for the invite. If you'll have us back I promise Chris won't wash your reels down with the salt water hose or spill coffee granules everywhere 🤣 

20230923_141857.jpg

20230923_114835.jpg

20230923_134449.jpg