48hr Specimen Hunt

Coddy

I don't want to be picky but which list of specimen sizes do we use?

The reason I ask is that I have just looked up which area Poole falls in and it would appear Area 'D' South Devon and Dorset

However if members depart from Christchurch or towards IOW it falls into Area'E' Hampshire and IOW.

The NFSA rules state

5. LIMIT OF WATERS

Coddy

We are a Poole Based club and so fall as you say area D. For all club records and comps this is the specimen sizes we use wherever you launch from. If you however enter a fish for an nfsa award the area used by them would be the port you departed from

Glad you brought this up as it might save some debate later

Martin

Ah well the Porbeagle specimen weight is the same in both so that's alright then.............. rolleyes.gif

Just leaves the small issue of how to weigh one sad.gif

With regard to 'which specimen weights I keep a copy of this page, the club records on board as it helps me understand the opportunities.

with a combination of the weather (as forecast) number of boats and fired up crews I don't somehow think 102% is going to do it this year! Hope everyone has a great time whatever!

Charlie

Sorry to pre-empt you but I can't help myself laugh.gif Might be an idea for the benefit of those that havent access to the forum to clarify the point at this weeks meeting

Duncan

Just leaves the small issue of how to weigh one

Have you forgot something......you have to catch one first tongue.gif

Martin

Ah well the Porbeagle specimen weight is the same in both so that's alright then.............. rolleyes.gif

Just leaves the small issue of how to weigh one sad.gif

Hi Duncan

I have the shark sling if you can catch the shark! ohmy.gif

If you want to see one of these slings I will bring it down Thursday to the meeting

Coddy

cool.gif

Coddy,

I would really like a shark sling - do you have one for sale, or just to look at?

The last tope I had (35lb) ate my sling and spat it out! I have weighed carp to 57lb in it, but it made mince meat of it!!!

Thanks for the offer Coddy but I can't make the meeting I am afraid.

I was wondering if the club would accept measurements and a photo were one to get one of these beauties!

The sun comes out and every plan is a possibility.......... smile.gif

Coddy,

I would really like a shark sling - do you have one for sale, or just to look at?

The last tope I had (35lb) ate my sling and spat it out! I have weighed carp to 57lb in it, but it made mince meat of it!!!

Hi Adam

I only have one to look at wink.gif

Here is the web page I got mine from Shark Sling

I have the large version (in the hope of something big! biggrin.gif )

I will bring it down Thursday if you wish, I seem to have a few things to bring down this month. unsure.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Duncan

I am afraid that My experiance of measurements and calculation formula to give wieght of tope was not good.

I carefully took the measurement of a fish that bottomed my [40lb max] scales, to find that the formula gave the weight as 34lb.

The club insists that a fish is weighed, not measured or calculated/estimated

I carry an old mail sack and scales to 110lb should a big one arrive. I have a stainless eye bolted to the back end of the cabin roof to help hold the scales.

if it bottoms those scales it would go back, after photo's of it with a very happy angler.

Charlie