The bay is still the plaice.....

Stuie

Neal persuaded me that a trip out would be therapeutic - not that I needed much convincing after a long lay-off - although I was a little apprehensive.

Off we went into the bay with a plan of drifting for plaice - several charters and privateers had a simar idea in the calm conditions with a gentle on-shore breeze giving a good drift speed. First drift a little further out than the charters brought two flatties - so the usual tricj of zig-zagging along to try different ground continued to provide occasional flats, tubs and small bream. Eventually returned to our first drift further out to find the spotties had switched on. plenty of fish including a double shot - quite a few good keepers - and then |Neal shouts - I've never had one of these before - as he lifted a golden grey mullet aboard. Neither of us had ever seen one before  - impressive.

post-1437-0-30643400-1502804859_thumb.jpg

We ended up with around 4 dozen plaice - most of which were returned - a lovely day - back at Cobbs at 3pm