bait at Christchurch

plaicemat

Now that I have converted to launching mostly from Christchurch, can anybody help me with an early morning supplier of worms. I have tried Pro Angler but the worms they supplied were some poor wee things. I'm looking for worms that fight back! Any suggestion much appreciated.

Terry

I dont know of any suppliers in xchurch other than the shops. Why not try Alec the bait guy on our home page, he is a sponsor of the site/club and supplies some cracking worms. Although he is based between Poole/broadstone its well worth the effort/travelling. One thing to bear in mind is that you must pre book your bait

Martin

Guest fish finger

When I am fishing around that area I buy worms from Davis Tackle in christchurch. I think the size of the worms depends on the time of the year with more smaller ones in winter.

Pro=Tackle ( I think they are now Pro Angler ) used to have really good worms. I presume as stated that the worms vary through the year.

I have to agree with Martin's comments re: Alec's worms.

Another option is to get some worms from New Milton - I get mine there but they too can be variable.

Pro Tackle is actually Loni's - and is owned by the other shop in New Miton.

I have always had decent baot from there, maybe just a poor batch.

Bournemouth Fishing Lodge in Moordown is probably the next nearest - Neil usually has decent bait also.

Adam

Adam, Pro tackle tries to trades under Lonis but it isnt actually owned by Paul Lonnigan who ownes the New Milton shop, but his brother who tries to trade using the Lonis name. Ive worked in the NewMilton shop on and off and the bait is great, but the peelers are pricey.

Dan

(p.s, the two Loni brothers seriousley dont get on, although Paul is now very sick and you wont see him in the shop no more, A top bloke)

alecs worms are normally very good but on saturday when i was on neo the worms i had were very poor they were small and not much movement in them.

paul for the burnham trail away i will try and get better ones smile.gif

sam

Fished today and Gordon got some worms from Pro-Tackle which were excellent.

Adam,

Dan is correct regarding Lonis. I thought the same thing ( ie. that they were the same shop ) but the owner told me they were separate.

Sorry to hear he is not well. I wondered where he had got to, not having seen hime in the shop for a while now.

Paul

He and his missus cath sponsor my footy team for kits, tracksuits etc, a couple of grand over the last couple of years(as I said, top people). He had a serious stroke and was in hospital for a long time. I went to his 60th birthday a couple of months back and he cant talk now and wheelchair bound. Very unfortunate.