New Seats

Paul D

Paul,

I've recently bought an Orkney 520, I think we've been in contact on here before.

My boat, "Marlyn," is not really set up for angling at the moment. I see in your photos that you have rod holders attached to rails down each side. I'm trying to put a few ideas together before I do any drastic changes.

Do you have any digi photos of your deck layout and if so would you mind e-mailing them to me.

Thanks, Simon

Simon,

I havent got any to hand atthe moment but will take some tomorrow ( provided I get home before it gets dark ! ).

Does your Orkney have the side rails fitted ? - I think they are an optional extra.

I have just bought two s/s rod holders for

Thanks for all that Paul,

Don't rush with the photos, any time it's convenient for you.

I've been out just a couple of times in Poole harbour. With my little boy (he's only six) we nearly got 22 knots but it wasn't ideal conditions. I think it will be better balanced with two adults though, as with me on the starboard side we had a bit of a list. I was well impressed with how quiet the engine was; my old boat had a two stroke 15hp Mariner and this has a 30hp four stroke Yamaha.

I 'm looking foward to the next month or so when the weather improves. I haven't done much angling since I was a kid when my dad and uncle used to run a charter boat from Poole quite a few years ago. I seem to remember the bream fishing was always a good start to the season.

Simon