Rainy Windy Slow but great day

Rob

Adam, AJ, BobF and I had a day out on JV today.

The original plan was bassing, but the forecast didn't hold as good as some forecasts had shown.

It was windy getting macs, really windy. But we fished on, until the heavens opened and lightening was seen in the clouds! We sat in JV for a good 15 mins with a torrential downpour hitting the deck.

After the we fished on, AJ had a bass and then it went quiet. The wind dropped and we headed out beyond shelter of the land.

I picked up a bass first drift and that was then it.

We headed for shelter to get the lunch in the oven. However, Shelter was not as expected and we swung on the anchor and it was a little sloppy. We headed back to Poole bay and had a delicious lunch.

We followed this by a move closer inshore, land some small eyes on the boat and watching some plane action. In sunshine with the cabin sheltering is from a wind touching F5.

Sea Vixen, Chinook, Vulcan, Red Arrows, Typhoon to name a few.

Headed in and saw Kingfisher trying his luck.

Back at PBM and had an immediate lift out, leaving us to clean and wash down on terra firma.

Once the skipper was happy with the level of cleanliness, we made our way back home.

Despite the iffy forecast, Al, rob and Bob F, and I decided to have a crack out West today for bass.

I left home in stair rod rain, yet at the marina was calm and still, yet dark and grey. Macks were no issue in Swanage bay, yet the wind was more than the 8 knots forecast so we decided to fish Peverel instead of St Albans.... Within 5 mins the sky was black, lightening and thunder clapped all around, the rain was so torrential vis. Reduced to less than 20m and we all ended up sheltering in the wheelhouse....

Back to the fishing once it had cleared, Al snagged a bass as the ebb died, and we decide to head to St Albans on the slack. Was slighted bumpier with no shelter but again, first drift and rob had a nice bass.... But that was it... The clouds cleared, the sun came out and the wind picked up! We then moved 3 different Ray marks to get out of the wind and slop, and ended up at Ballard on my secret Ray mark for lunch and the last few hours. Bob and Alun taking top honours with 2 small eyed Ray to 7lb each. Home for 5pm.

Not the worst day, but I've had better and the weather had a big part to play in what we were and weren't able to do.

1207fc45c6be53e242323aa01d928d49.jpg

e5bc90af2aa4f3ea7072f4adc17d4c55.jpg

8fe2d7c9b5310f1ac12b09f2106eab2f.jpg

d404004fdf679abb3ae97ae2eccd2433.jpg

bd66535e1fa921c009b905ecc34dc32f.jpg