The Results are In- Junior comp 2nd competition

Sam

Hi All,

I have just finished sorting through all the results and it took a bit longer this time due to the amount of children involved, which is truly fantastic.

a couple of facts about this competiton:

in total we had 6 different boats 15 juniors and a whopping 19 different species caught between all the juniors, compared to last years results this is turning into a very competitive competition which is great.

the results are as follows:

total species- Curtis driver with 13 species

heaviest fish- Jayden with a conger of 10lb 5oz ( a true chapman now as he keeps telling everyone)

1st best specimen- sophie driver, Mackeral 1lb 5oz 66%

2nd best specimen- Jacob Givans, spotted ray 3lb 3oz 58%

3rd best specimen- dom annear. red Gurnard 10oz 50%

the running total for the competitions so far is as follows:

1st best specimen-  Curtis driver, undulate ray, 103%

2nd best specimen- sophie driver, Mackeral 1lb 5oz 66%

3rd best specimen- Jacob Givans, spotted ray 3lb 3oz 58%

well done to everyone and it is all still changeable in the last competition.

I know there is a few lucky Dads who will be away in Norway in the last competition but if you can arrange for someone to bring the kids to the prize giving that would be great, I think it would be very enjoyable for the kids to pick up there prizes in person and play with the other juniors, I know last year they all had fun tearing around my garden

tight lines

sam

Hi Sam the kids are really excited with the results thank you for all the effort in organising it. Curtis had a number of Baillons wrasse the biggest being 7 oz slightly bigger than the Wessex Boat record Allan did say it was a possible record but we didn't want to kill it and just weighed it on the boat and put it back. When Curtis found out he's funny he said " I can't believe it I've been waiting all my life for a record and we put it back" well he is 9. I will try and get the kids to the presentation some how as I'm away if you can let me know what time you want them to attend thanks very much Paul

Haha kids have a great way with words. It sounds like something jayden would say. Seen as the last competition finishes at 3 I would suggest we will be looking at a bbq for around half 5/6 si everyone has time to sort the boats out and for me to tally up the final results

Sorted the prizes out last night and once again looks like a good prize table