-

-

-

-

-

-

-

30 Flipping knots !

Launched at 08:00 with great expectations.

Pootled along to Brownsea castle to try for bait.

Only got a couple so decided to go out into the bay for a few mackerel.

Leaving the harbour and looking at the sea which was nearly as smooth as one of my Brother's chat up lines, I decided to find out if dinging my prop a couple of times had reduced my speed.

Nope !

30 Flipping knots !

And so smooth !

I just headed out quite a way flat out.

I didn't do any Yahoo ing but I felt like it !  :D   It was great.

I stopped at various intervals to try for mackerel but no good.

If I'd got a few I'd have whizzed over to the ledge but no !  :(

Went to Swanage bay and anchored up to try for a few rays.

None of the swimming kind came my way but the Sun did and I'm quite scorched  :)

Had some more of my chicken tikka baguettes and decided to head out into the bay again.

Just whizzing around and stopping every so-often to have a go for mackerel.

I ended up with 3 but nothing in shoals. just the odd one here & there.

Headed back in and heard Charlie & Martin on the Radio.

I did answer your call for any PBSBAC boats Charlie but only got my hand-held and must be out of range.

I couldn't hear Martin and thought I was talking to you. You made some funny comments to what I was saying until I realised what was going on !  :lol:

AS I was coming back through the harbour, I heard you both again but headed back in anyway as I was getting knackered by this time.

Back on the trailer by 3.

Home - washed down & unloaded by 5

I must be getting old, I'm knackered. But what a lovely day !

Oh yes, I almost forgot.

Day out on the boat with lots of whizzing about ( no fish though ) ½ tank of fuel. ( 12 or 13 litres )   SORTED !  ;) 

30 knots this morning but all that traffic made it lumpy so 4000 revs & 18 to 20 knots this afternoon.

I wonder if there's a prize for being the quickest to NOT find fish  :lol:

Jim

Good to hear you got out Jim, it was a lovely day for being out there.  I was talking to Charlie am on my hand held, we were in Studland but never heard you, I would have responded honestly  :lol:   PM I was on the fixed set in South Deep didn't hear you then either.  Try a radio check with harbour control (14)

Well done Jimbo : I would like to thank you for the invite but it was very much hit and miss for Saturday, I've got your number (sent you txt) programmed in so next trip I will make sure my (not svelte weight) keeps Tiddlers speed down and help you with the baguettes.

13 lts fuel!!!!!! Incredible for a day trip , my dear wife would not be able to go off on a rage about that ( (( maybe))~?)