Seabung

Coddy

Did anyone else watch Dragons Den tonight

A chap and his son have come up with a way of changing sea cocks without having the boat out of the water.

Looks a good idea, however if you have a grill on the outside it won't work, another idea for it's use would be is to stop water coming up through the exhaust outlet should you need it.

Downside is the cost, the mark up is high but then again it is in the marine world!!!! ^_^  ^_^

post-39-0-07854500-1424645072.png

post-39-0-55371700-1424645084.png

I did, and agree expensive for what is not new technology, I saw one of these being used on papas boat years ago and we in the plumbing trade use something similar that would also work just as well.

http://www.corgi-direct.com/jet-swet-water-flow-prevention-12-3420428

Neither would stop you getting wet but as a product .... I like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just imagine the water pressure if you took a pipe off an 1" inlet while you tried to get the stopper in, one serious jet of water and if you dropped it etc a serious problem.

A great idea as an emergency but I would never try to use it as they said!!

Playing with sea cocks is a job for out of the water, always tight and awkward and if the seal is broken onto the skin fitting and hull more problems. :(

Yes I saw it and I thought . . . .  Very good idea.

Then I thought . . . . BIG mark up !   but as Dave said . . It is the Marine Industry.

Then I thought . . . . those sea cocks begin to weep for a long time before they completely fail and most boats are lifted out, cleaned and anti fouled quite often. That's probably the best time to change them.

Yes you could keep a set on board, but do you keep a set of spare sea cocks on board ?

Always good to have spares but where do you draw the line ?

Jim