Sunday 30th-Great day out.

boybilly

tongue.giftongue.gif Great to get back on the briny after such a long layoff. Went to a couple of small wrecks today. Pollack to just over 12lb, Ling to 19lb, Pout, Doggies and a MACKEREL-in January would you believe. Anybody else go today, I know Sam said he was also going Wrecking, any luck buddy? Coddy, how did you do today? The weather was good this end wasn,t it mate? Hope the info helped. BB cool.gif

Hi Biily

We headed out from Poole this morning to flat calm sea, whent straight to the banks had 1 small whiting and 1 small doggie this was really just something to do waiting for the tide to slacken.

At about eleven we went off to a small wreck just around the corner from swanage, we passed maverick on the way who were on a very round number.

Dad put the hook in and we had about 7 conger in an hour, the first 1 came in at 21 lbs caught by Dan the biggest we had was my one of 40lb in total in the day we had ten

me: 3 34lb, 40lb and 15lb

Dan:3 21lb 31lb 15lb

Dad: 4 lost 2 30lb 34lb 35lb 20lb

The landfing net broke on the first fish so the rest had to be hauled over the side by the trace or T'Barred off at the side of the boat

overall a great day out nice to be out again and not stuck in the harbour biggrin.gif

tight lines Sam, Dan and Charlie

Hi all

I went out today in Sammy from Weymouth, thanks for the suggestions of locations Boybilly.

Started out at Grove point but was dead apart from a small wrasse, went to get the anchor up but would it shift! mad.gif

I knew the trips would go but I could not understand why the anchor bouy would not lift it. Had to man handle the rope directly over the spot and heave it up. Eventually I could see that a pot rope had got around the flukes and shaft of the anchor and we were pulling not only my anchour but the pot one as well! sick.gifsick.gif

Managed to get it up enough to cut the rope of the pot line with a BIG lean over the bow. Luckily there was very little swell otherwise it may have been a differant matter. ph34r.gif

After that we went to Adamant Shoal, saw a couple of boats fishing which must be good news for me.

WIthin a few minutes we were catching doggies & whiting up to 1lb 14ozs, which is big to me coming from the East Coast. wink.gif

Soon it was time to head in but we had a few drifts over the Hood with an artifical worm and my mate's rod was momentaraly bent double than got snapped off.

This happened twice so we think there may be some big pollock around there.

Still it was nice to be out on the sea and wet a line again after so long.

Glad others managed to get out and have a good time.

Coddy

cool.gif

absolutely typical day -

great sea conditions; good tides; fantastic bait (thanks PaulJ) and did the fish want to play? sad.gif

at least we all had fish, and managed 3 species between us - but no prizes for guessing which 3.... rolleyes.gif

anyhow Phaeton's getting a well earned rest for a few months after a great couple of months fun.

Nice to see Charlie's team making good - beats Chemistry I suppose ph34r.gif

Hiya BB...........great to see you have finally got back out amoungst them!!

I nipped out with Martin on Maverick, with almost flat clam sea, a little nip in the air, however, as Duncan has stated...not a lot biting! We had a few knocks, but nothing progressed into a good take. After a move, we sneaked a few more bites, and a couple of LSD's. Tried to call you but must have been no signal m8.

A bit of tuition on the way out and way back in, made a great day. Cheers Martin.

Rich

Hi all

I went out today in Sammy from Weymouth, thanks for the suggestions of locations Boybilly.

Soon it was time to head in but we had a few drifts over the Hood with an artifical worm and my mate's rod was momentaraly bent double than got snapped off.

This happened twice so we think there may be some big pollock around there.

Coddy

cool.gif

..... or perhaps snagged on the wreck? rolleyes.gif The wreckage does extend quite some distance out from the harbour entrance, on the seaward side.

Unfortunately I had a prior engagement yesterday weep.gif, or I would have loved to have brought Domino down and joined you.

Cheers,

Alan

PS: The prior engagement was a poker tournament... which I won... so not all bad news! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Lovely haul of eels! Looks like you hit the spot. Its always nice to put a bend in the rod especially this time of year. A bit of action helps keep you warm too biggrin.gif

I could really do with a fishing trip havent been out yet this year!

Ill be back in action soon. biggrin.gif

James

..... or perhaps snagged on the wreck? rolleyes.gif The wreckage does extend quite some distance out from the harbour entrance, on the seaward side.

Unfortunately I had a prior engagement yesterday weep.gif, or I would have loved to have brought Domino down and joined you.

Cheers,

Alan

PS: The prior engagement was a poker tournament... which I won... so not all bad news! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hi Alan

We did not think so as it was a nibble to start with then a snatch as it dived into the wreck.

You could see the rod twitch as it started to take and my mate said he could feel it swim.

Hope you won a big pot as the drinks will all be on you next time! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Coddy

cool.gif