Wanted Outboard

Retrowagon

Has anybody got a longshaft outboard for sale 40hp 50hp or 60hp

For my shetland 536 as the 25hp I have seems to be a little unreliable and underpowered (ok for the harbour but not for the open sea

I have a mariner 40hp short shaft that I could possibly do a deal with or I would sell at the right money to fund a new one

So what have you got for sale ???

True, Charlie A had a newish 50hp a few years ago on his family4 (engine prob yr 2000 / 2002 I think) and I believe that was just ok and struggled a bit, but now with the 2010(?) 75 it's a beast!!!!

I think too, the old school engines were rated at the flywheel and the newer ones at the prop. So an "old" 50 isn't as powerful as a more modern 50.

You might find too that the bigger engine is more efficient as it isn't driving uphill / struggling to keep the boat on the plane.

With that weight you might want a 2 stroke for more punch to get the boat going if engine is small.

Then we get on to trim tabs, have a google of SmartTabs - a few of us in the club have them and they are ace!

Rob

My 535 goes well with a 50hp 4 stroke achieving 30 knotts on a good day and plans at about 12. The 536 is a bit heavier than the 535 so I wouldn't get less than a 50hp. I think a 60hp would be ideal. Like rob said it wont be under as much strain keeping the boat going and would probably not use anymore fuel than a 40 would.

Rich.

I may have a Mariner 60hp Bigfoot 2 stroke for sale as I am thinking of trading up to a 70hp Suzuki 4 stroke. It is a 2001 model and the only problem I have had was last time out but that was with 2 year old fuel and it is back on form now after a service and fuel filter change. Let me know if that would be of interest and I'll let you have a look before I advertise it.

Terry.

I may have a Mariner 60hp Bigfoot 2 stroke for sale as I am thinking of trading up to a 70hp Suzuki 4 stroke. It is a 2001 model and the only problem I have had was last time out but that was with 2 year old fuel and it is back on form now after a service and fuel filter change. Let me know if that would be of interest and I'll let you have a look before I advertise it.

Terry.

Private message sent terry

• 3 weeks later...