Donner und Blixen und Bass

lofty

A new venue for me, Lepe, and a new chum,Digger, and off in search of some smuts and stingrays.

Arrived at 7.30 as the carpark was opening , to an overcast day with forecasts of rain.

Quickly rigged up and we were soon on the beach.

17277766-FA0C-45E9-AFD5-A1B31ECB406F.jpg

I've had a few marks recommended to try, but this was also about getting a feel for a new venue , following on from tanners being a crime spot.

Digger was looking shiny in all his new gear, thanks to the Navy and Bournemouth canoes . He was hoping for a bass and within three minutes of launching he was smiling as an 8 inch schoolie took a savage gear eel not much smaller than the fish.

I made my way to a mark and fished at anchor with one peeler rig and one king rag rig.

In the meantime James had been catching bass after bass.

He only needed two for his barbie this weekend , and even though he went on to catch better sized ones, around 3lb the biggest, he fished c and r, and took home his first in sized bass from his new revo. Good effort mate.

I was having no luck on the targets, but had bass as a by catch.Biggest was around 2 lb but I had 5 around this size and one tiny one.

34A3D90D-E413-4C20-AB3D-6555ED0907A3.jpg

I didn't want any as I've dinner plans so mine can get bigger.

22EFC2D5-F6F1-4CFC-B06B-F39789414465.jpg

Around lunchtime a squall came in and we pushed back to the launch with a few standing waves around shoulder height with the wind in every direction.

I was happy to hit the beach and we dragged the yaks up as a storm rolled in

B2F58446-96BA-4DAA-99A6-1B482DF35F5E.jpg

Diggers Dinner

And then the heavens opened and it all kicked off over on the island

CFF30A09-E743-4F7E-82C3-7AA04AFF7DAF.jpg

B69B618A-B08C-4B2A-A847-628A2D200EC1.jpg

I can't remember such heavy rain, at first we hid behind a coach but common sense saw us soon in the cafe with lattes and cheesy chips

I finished the day fishing the river mouth in the sun but it was only bass today

A good venue , good parking , good cafe and good fishing.

Shame about the target but I'm sure they will be there soon

An hour after the storm

Diggermobile

B34EBD73-3B60-40F7-AB1C-5BEA2D642F33.jpg

It is a great spot to fish there, I used to fish there in a small dinghy, the Cafe in the car park is great for a warm up after fishing, like you said easy access and great parking, though can get very busy in the summer.

Tides can run hard heading towards Calshot around what is left of the Boat Plane Station.

A good mark there used to be oposite the white house in your first pic, fisihng the channel into Beaulieu River for bass.